Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Run Your 'Hood

I love activewear. It's no secret that I love wearing sweats and leggings all the damn time. If I was allowed to wear them to work everyday, I would. I wear them to work out, I shower, and then I put on clean activewear to do whatever it is I am going to do during the day. It's magical. People are always asking me "Are you on your way to the gym?" to which I have to reply with "No, this is just how I dress." I make no apologies for it. It's what I am most comfortable wearing and that's all that matters.
Not only do I love wearing activewear, I love buying it. Obviously. I have to buy the stuff that I wear. I like fun patterned leggings, plain black ones, and ones with mesh.  I like bright neon tanks, ones with funny slogans, and ones with inspirational ones too. I also love, love, love gym shoes. With my love for all things workout gear, I've decided that I am going to take that love and combine it with something I am also very passionate about, running. I am going to combine these two things and try to make a buck or two.

I have decided to make my own tank-top line called "Run Your 'Hood" that I am currently selling on Etsy. It was an idea that came to me a couple of weeks ago that I thought could really work (I would buy this tank if I saw it it in a store) so I decided that I would take a little risk, front some of my hard earned money and see what happens. I started small, only ordering 30 tank tops and seeing where it can go from there. Because I don't have my own screenprinting device, I can't make the tanks to order in my apartment and have to contract that out. I am going through these guys a co-worker uses and hopefully they will continue to be affordable and have a quick turnaround. If I see that business becomes booming, I will order more tank tops in bulk, add more colors, and maybe even men's tanks and long sleeve shirts as well. Currently I am only making "Run Your 'Hood" women's tanks in heather gray for the New York City area codes. 2RUN2. 7RUN8. 5RUN6. If this seems to be taking off, then I will branch out a bit to other area codes (that have ones in them); I really hope this happens. 

I have never done anything like this before so it felt good to take a gamble on something instead of sitting on a "what if?" I needed something to be excited about again and I'm hoping this new Etsy shop will generate some excitement and happiness (and money). So what are you waiting for? Check out my Etsy shop (!!) and if you are currently in the NYC area, buy a tank (!!!!)! They are super cute and represent the 'hood you run in. If you are not in the NYC area, stay tuned for if/when I branch out to a 'hood near you or I may be able to make a custom one for you (that might cost a little more right now and take a few days longer). And if you do buy one, a) THANK YOU b) spread the word how awesomely cute and comfy they are and c) Instagram a picture of yourself wearing it and tag me (@rmgoldma) and hashtag #runyourhood and #2RUN2 or #7RUN8 or #5RUN6.

This brand new "business" venture is one that I am looking forward to. The thought of seeing someone running (or walking or shopping or whatever else one does in activewear) around the city in one of my tank tops is a pretty awesome thought! Maybe it will be YOU! So what are you waiting for? GO check out my shop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment