Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The joys of yoga pants

If you know me, you know that I love to wear sweatpants and yoga pants. Basically, I love a good elastic waist pant. I am not a fan of jeans at all. They are too restricting and I am just not comfortable in them. However, yoga pants are my jam. I love them. If I could wear them to work everyday, I would. I usually try to get away with wearing them once or twice a week as it is, but usually with a cute sweater as to take away from the casualness that yoga pants are. After all, I am a professional. Blah.

So why do I love yoga pants so much? I can tell you it's not for the yoga. In fact, I have never done yoga in yoga pants. Ever. (But I do wear yoga crops for yoga. And so much more. They are also incredible.) I wear them as "everyday" pants. There are just so many reasons I love a good pair of yoga pants, so let me count the ways...

1) They are comfortable. This is the most obvious. They are stretchy and stretchy is good. Always. In the words of Joey Tribbiani from Friends, they are great "eating pants." Perfect for the holidays if you can get away with wearing them (or even leggings) because the waist is stretchy, and as I have said about a sentence or two ago, stretchy is good.

2) They make your butt look good. I am not a fan of the VPL (visible panty line) so yoga pants must be worn going commando or with a thong to therefore showcase the bottom even more. Because of the tightness of most yoga pants, they really frame the junk in the trunk. And that's a great thing. If you've got it, flaunt it.
  
3) You don't have to worry about your fly being open. No zipper...no fly...no problem. One less thing to worry about. (Just be careful and double check that area every once in a while to make sure there is no camel toe going on because that's not good for anyone.)

4) You can dress them up. You throw a cute sweater on and boom, you have a really cute outfit that doesn't look sloppy. Perfect for the weekends or even for a day at work if you can get away with it. And even if you don't dress it up, they are still cute with a hoodie or any kind of top basically. Since most of them are semi-high waisted as well, they are figure flattering with a lot of tops which is a major plus (yet another one!) in my book.

Yoga pants have become a part of our culture in recent years and I can only hope that this trend is here to stay. And if not, maybe regular "legit-sweatpants" will make a comeback. (A girl can wish, can't she?) Regardless of what happens, I will continue to wear what makes me happy and what makes me feel good.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah I also wear elastic waist pants or capris during my yoga training. I always buy stylish workout clothes from online as I got so many deals there. I think best way to save money and time is to find discounts from reliable shopping sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoga is my favor fitness exercise.Your Yoga pants in the article is attracted. It is hard to find the budget and fashion women Yoga clothes.You are good at discovering fashion.I found the Gearbest women Yoga clothes is fashion and its price is good.What is your idea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. best yoga shorts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. nsf destroyed tee

    ReplyDelete