Saturday, October 18, 2014

Hey Girl...

With one marathon down and one to go, my life hasn't really slowed down at all. Wake up, eat, run, eat, go to work, eat, work (with eating in there), eat some more, coach, eat, go to bed. Repeat. And that my friends, is a day in the life of me.

Don't be too jealous of the exciting life that I lead. Really, don't. I am a creature of habit and routine so I don't really mind so much. What I don't like is the feeling of being hungry and tired like 99.999% of the day. All day. Every day.

Luckily, this feeling will start to subside after November 2 once I complete the New York City Marathon. Well, hopefully it will. The disappointment of not PR'ing in the Chicago marathon has not totally dissipated, but I am trying to get over it and focus on New York. I know how lucky I am to have the opportunity to run it. And I keep reminding myself I am doing it for such a wonderful cause. I am excited to do it. I keep thinking about running down First Ave and it puts a smile on my face.

I gave myself Monday thru Thursday off to recover from Chicago. I even treated myself to a massage Thursday night. By then, my muscles weren't sore anymore and my legs were feeling pretty decent but I felt it couldn't hurt to get one. (I also realized afterwards that I really don't care for massages too much. They just aren't for me.)  On Friday, I woke up and ran two miles just to get my legs acclimated to running again. It was a slow two-miler and my legs felt heavy but I did it. And in brand new shoes. Always a plus and makes any run better. Today, well today I went to my happy place: Soul Cycle for a Soul Survivor class. Here my legs started to feel fatigued and my calves tightened up again. WTF? Ugh. As the day progressed though, they began to feel better. Tomorrow I am back to a longish run with hopes of hitting 8-12 miles. And then will try and do 6-8 next Sunday. And before I know it, I will be right back at running 26.2 through all five boroughs of New York City. Boom!

In this time, I am dealing with my pre-marathon habits of going to bed early, rocking my compression socks, wearing sweats every chance I get, and being in a perpetual state of hunger and exhaustion. Heck, who am I kidding? Even when its not marathon season, I exhibit these behaviors for the most part. They are just magnified mucho now. And because of that, in my boredom/relaxation time today, I used my meme generator app and created these Ryan Gosling "Hey Girl" memes that pretty much describe my life in its current state. They entertained me and are pretty accurate so I wanted to share with everyone what my life will continue to be for the next two weeks and then will ease up a bit.

I made these. Be impressed.
Until then, I shall pretend that the sexy being that is Ryan Gosling appreciates all my crazy, rigidness and will be there for me at the finish line. A girl can dream, can't she?!?!
If only this was true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment