Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blogiversary Number Three!!!

Happy third birthday Someone Will Appreciate!! That's right, today is the third anniversary of my lovely little blog. Three years of my crazy, emotional, honest, and funny thoughts on so many different aspects of my life. One would think I'd run out of material....but nope! Sure, my writing goes in ebbs and flows and some moments drive me to write feverishly while others make it seem like I can't get the words right. However, each time I write, I feel better. It's therapeutic and cathartic for me. I love documenting all my thoughts and memories and can't believe its my third year doing so.

As I've done the last two anniversaries, I wanted to pick out my five favorite blog posts of the year (from August to August).  It was really hard picking out only five of my faves which I guess is a good sign. Sure I ran another marathon and went on another awesome trip this year, but there was so much other great stuff going on too that I really enjoyed writing about too. Perhaps you remember these, and perhaps not. Regardless, I hope you take a little trip down memory lane with me; it is my blog-birthday after all.

1) My first summer at Camp Oasis. I know this just happened and is my previous post, but my experience at camp is going to have a lasting impact on me. Did you read it? If not, go. NOW. Working with kids and other counselors who all have IBD was definitely life-changing. It was something I didn't realize I needed so much and I am so grateful and lucky that I did it.

2) The time I ate "the brownie". This post got some of the best responses from friends and family out of any post I have written. It was hilarious to go back and write about a moment in my life that I never want to relive again. Sure it was funny to write now, but wasn't so funny when it happened. In fact, it was awful. Never again will that happen. Ever. Lesson learned. Ugh.

3) My 2014 goals. The year is a little over halfway done and I am have completed about two and a half out of my eight goals. Meh. I still have time to get the others done, but the mental ones are more of a struggle than the physical ones. Being nice to myself and stressing less are hard for me! I haven't consistently stayed on track with the food and workout ones, but I keep trying and will not give up on making them last. If I can't achieve them this year, I will keep working at it.

4) Being a New Yorker. A couple of months before my 10 year anniversary in New York City, I wrote a post about how I am so "New York" already. These are the things that New Yorkers know, love, and accept and make them their own unique breed; a breed I am now a part of. Who would have thought?!?!? (Don't worry, I still love Chicago hard too!)

5) Welcome to the Grind. I'm such a sucker for inspirational quotes and videos and the video I discussed in this post just got me. For a few morning and evenings, I would watch it every day looking for a much-needed push. It's definitely goosebump worthy and super motivating.

Sooooo, do you remember reading these and liking them as much as I did? I sure hope so. And I also hope that you like my page on Facebook where I post all my recent blog posts as well as other posts from the other blogs I read. Trust me, you should def like my page. You know what? Go ahead and do it now if you haven't already. (Click here and hit "like." Please and thank you.) And tell your friends about it. Oh yeah, and don't forget to comment on the posts you read and enjoy. Not just on FB (which I love!!!) but on here too. I love positive reinforcements and feedback. It makes me happy and we all want to see me happy, right?! Duh.

Thank you for continuing to read this blog and support me along the way as I continue to write. As always, if you have any blog ideas for me to write about or want to guest post yourself, just let me know! It's always fun to get one of my friends testing out their blogging skills on here, especially because most of you are such good writers. Think about it! You might just like it as much as I do.

Happy third birthday Someone Will Appreciate. You've been a great outlet for me and I will continue to keep you around. Here's to another year baby!!! Holler.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading all your blogs! A little "Ray" of sunshine in my day! HAHA get it RAY!

    ReplyDelete