Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh Irene

As previously mentioned, I love to talk about (and read about) guys/dating, poop, and pop culture/reality TV. I will most likely cover one, two, all of the above, or none of the above in my future blogs. Whatevs. This is still pretty new to me and I want it to be semi-cohesive, but I also want to share what I feel is valuable and/or funny or that something I just want to blab/vent about.  I also want people to actually read it, be entertained and enlightened (by my humor and brilliance, natch), and come back and read it again, and again, and again. Anywhoo, I am kind of counting this as the first official blog. Giddyup...

Obviously I can't ignore what everyone and their mothers have been talking about the last two days: Irene. Oh Irene, your bark seemed to be bigger than your bite. You really caused mass hysteria around here. But you certainly gave me a surreal NYC experience that I will never forget. I didn't feel the earthquake at the start of this week (I seriously felt jipped!!) but I kind of got a hint of you, Irene. I heard the rain and wind outside my window and you trapped me on the UES. But I am just grateful there seems to be no real tragedies on your behalf here.

And how can I mention a hurricane without the mention of it being an opportunity to meet guys. Duh. They obvi go hand in hand. What event isn't an opportunity or excuse to meet guys? Am I right ladies? And since I am always on the prowl, I was of course scoping out my very own Irene boyfriend (as long as the power doesnt go out and he would have to sleepover...ugh...annoying). How do meet your Hurricane bf? Well, look no further than this awesome advice article to snag one. I had no luck, but I have a feeling, nine months from now, there will be a big baby boom. But please people, do not name your daughters Irene. Lame.


So enough about Irene as she has taken enough of my time the last three days. And since I didn't find my Irene bf, I thought I would fantasize about my future had I found Mr. Right. And how can I do this? With the good ole game of M.A.S.H. Of course! Please, please, please tell me you know what M.A.S.H is before you have to check this link. As a single NYC lady, I found this to be rather humorous and it made me seriously want to create my own at that very moment if there were actually 4 guys I had even a mild interest in.  As middle schoolers, we all played it. If you didn't, you are lying to yourself or were socially awkward. I think we need to bring M.A.S.H back. Get some really fun markers and paper, and large quantities of alcohol and really play this game again. And if you want to take it to a creeper level, you and your friends can take your supplies to a bar and pick randoms in the crowd to put as your M.A.S.H males. Because, you know, I am sure that would make them even more interested in all of us staring, pointing, laughing and writing. Yep, the girls with all the markers at the table. Really desirable. But probably a really funny way to start a convo with a dude and hey, if it worked out, it would make a really great story someday. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment