Monday, August 29, 2011

Wtf asshole?

So girl meets boy and they seem to like each other.  They may even go out a few times.  They  really seem to be into each other and then all of a sudden...nothing. He apparently fell off the face of the earth. Sounds pretty familiar right? Sounds pretty irritating, right? Same story over and over.  Talking to my friends, I hear stuff like this all the time. It sucks. Why do guys do that? Like myself, many of my friends are wonderful catches and any guy who doesn't see that is obviously a giant-disgusting-idiot-loser. But we still liked him. A lot. Ugh. His loss.

In the many convos I have had with my friends lately, the same two super annoying boy bad habits keep coming up and I want to address them briefly. The "I", "my", etc...in this story isn't necessarily me, but represents a situation I have either been in or a friend (or two, three, four, etc...) have been in.

Annoying boy habit #1. We meet and talk in the bar, have good convo and you ask for my number...but you never call. Wtf asshole?
So, we are having decent, if not good conversation. Dare I say it, we might be hitting it off. You are even buying my beers which is always a good gesture and greatly appreciated. However, as the night begins to end and we are both leaving, you ask for my number. Score. In typical excited-girl fashion, I immediately start planning ahead. What will I wear on our first date? Where will you take me? Will we make-out that night or is that slutty? Then two or three days later, I get into typical disappointed-girl fashion. Why isn't my phone ringing? Does it even work? Maybe he went out of town? Crap.  A week later, you still haven't called (and by call, I usually mean text). Why would you ask for my number and then not call? This is what I don't get.

Here's the thing dude: If you didn't ask for my number, I would NOT have cared. I would have thought it was a fun night and been on my merry little way. But you did ask for my number, so why didn't you use it? Advice for any guy reading this: If you aren't planning to call a girl, don't bother asking for her digits. You are in NO OBLIGATION to ask for it. She won't care if you don't ask. No skin off her back. But if you do ask, she will expect you to call. Got it? Good.

Annoying boy habit #2. We hang out and even hook up a few times. We communicate almost entirely via text. Then all of a sudden you don't reply to texts. At all. You just ignore me. Wtf asshole?
We have been hanging out a few times, even if it is after the bars at 3 in the morning, its still time together. And we still have fun. It has been discussed that we are not going to date, because you obviously have terrible taste (i.e. you don't like me). Then one night, I text you as per usual and you don't respond. In the words of Stephanie Tanner "How Rude!" I mean, did I do something wrong last time? Are you asleep? Are you with another girl? Do you never want to see me again? I don't really care what the issue is, but return my text! It's common courtesy to reply. Plain and simple.  So why don't you bother writing back? Do you think you will be leading me on? Are you trying to be a dick on purpose? Are you trying to give me a hint that you no longer want my company?

So here it is gentleman: an easy "Oh hey, I fell asleep early, sorry" will suffice as a response. Or a "I am with the guys" is also okay even if you aren't. Lie to me. I don't care, I just need something written back. I'll even take a "I am currently about to sleep with a hottie that is not you" because at least its a response.  It's something confirming my existence.  You can even take the mature route and tell me you are uninterested in me and I need to leave you alone. Some people may think that him not writing back is basically saying that. However, as females, we need guys to actually SAY IT to really believe it. But writing nothing is NOT OKAY. Its unacceptable, yet I keep coming back for more. Who is the jerk now? Is it me to keep texting you even though I know you won't respond or is it you for blatantly ignoring me? I am going to go with you, but I just can't resist torturing myself.  All I am asking for is a response and I will leave you alone. Maybe. Until next weekend. Kidding.




No comments:

Post a Comment