Monday, October 1, 2012

It's almost muff season...Hehe

Mixed Nuts. Hehehe
I consider myself to have a pretty great sense of humor. It can be dry at times and sarcastic at others. It can be straight up offensive most of the time, and also immature on occasion. Today I am going to focus on the immature. Why? Because it makes me giggle. And sometimes a good ole chuckle can make your day.

There are certain regular words that whenever I hear them, I can't help but turn into a ten-year-old boy.  A grin will comes across my face and I try to contain my giggle. (The fact that I work with teenagers all day makes me more aware of this too since I cannot laugh in front of them with these words so I hold it all in.) These are words that have more than one meaning, and the second meaning is usually completely inappropriate. And since my mind is in the gutter most of the time, I almost always think of that second definition. I can't help it. And its even more funny if I am with good company with an equally great sense of humor and we just repeat it and all get a good laugh.

So what are these double entendre words that crack me up time and time again? Why, I am so glad you asked...

Shaft. I have been looking for new fall boots now for two years and I can't seem to find ones that I like that are actually in my price range. Such a bummer. But one of my requirements for a boot was a boot height, or shaft of about 15 inches. Yes that's right, I want at least a 15-16 inch shaft. Anything less in unacceptable. In men and in boots. Boom.

Box. I mean, really, this word is used all the time. When packing and/or unpacking. When opening something. Most great things are kept in boxes. (Most men think that too hence the reason the word box makes me laugh.) But I am a lady who finds this world hilarious and can't help but chuckle when someone at work will say "Yeah, just put it in my box," as in their mailbox. But of course, there I go...giggle, giggle. When will I grow up?

Nuts. I love mixed nuts, especially a great trail mix! They are good protein and they taste great. Putting nuts in my mouth is always pleasurable. Whoops, there I go again. See, I just can't help myself.

Balls. As an athlete and a coach, I use this word quite frequently."Hey guys, go grab the ball." "Can you grab me a ball?" The kids laugh and make faces trying to contain their laughter. And of course as the adult, I try to hold it together but am laughing inside. And sometimes on the outside. I am human after all.

Muffs. Short for earmuffs, duh. Last winter my mom bought me a new pair of earmuffs and all day long we talked about my new muffs, just laughing and laughing. Gee, where could I get my immature sense of humor from?! Ha. Thanks mama. It's almost muff season again so I can't wait to make and laugh at my own jokes about these.

Wood. I coach the bowling team at my school (don't hate, its pretty fun and great money), and recently went to a meeting for the upcoming season. During the meeting people were asking questions about new rules and kept talking about the total pin count, or the total wood, at the end of a match. The first time I smirked to myself because knew no one else probably was thinking what I was thinking. So lame. "Total wood" was said quite a few times and had I not been in a room with a bunch of other adults who I don't know well at all (and seemed to be a bit stiff. Ah, I said stiff! In the same paragraph as wood. Hilarious!!!), I wouldn't have been able to keep it together. I was so proud of myself for not laughing out loud. I am maturing. A little. Of course as soon as I left the meeting I had to call my mother and tell her about this. And we had a good laugh together.

Writing this post made me giggle a little. That's just the way I am. What normal, everyday words make you giggle? Is it any of these? If it's not one of these, I am sure now whenever you hear these words you might start to laugh a little too. Your welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Balls... gets me every time.




    Balls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not forget "rack" as in that's a full rack of balls!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also giggle at "tip" sometimes. Makes me think "hey, let's play a little game called 'just the tip'."

    ReplyDelete