Friday, December 7, 2012

I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack

Sometimes when talking with someone, you can gage if you two will click if you quote a random movie and they know exactly what you are talking about. Right away, you know you two have something in common, and usually its great taste in movies and a fantastic sense if humor. (Totally just described myself, natch.) Other times, I will see something that relates to one of these movies and randomly quote it and people will straight up look at me like I am speaking a foreign language. I am just being my usual hilarious self. Who cares if I am the only one laughing. It's funny. But I do love quoting movies and sometimes when I watch these movies I crack myself up by reciting the lines with the characters. (I know, so annoying, right?) And even though I have seen these movies so many times, I still laugh out loud when these lines are spoken. I don't know what it is, but they just get me.

Each of us has their favorite lines in some of their fave movies. Some of these quotes are totally random, and some are much more common. Some even make the movie if you will. They are that good. In my opinion, five of the most quoteably-awesome movies out there are below, along with MANY of my fave lines. (Warning: I got a little carried away and may have over-quoted. I mean, if that's even possible.)

1. Elf. Since its that time of year right now, this movie is on all the time. And I love every second of it. For a holiday flick, its unbelievably quoteable. And I even enjoy randomly watching it in the summer. It just leaves a smile on my face. 
  • I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite.
  • This place reminds me of Santa's Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me. 
  • I'm singing. I'm in a store...and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing! I'm in a store...and I'm siiiiiingiiiiing!
  • We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
  • What's a Christmas Gram? I want one!
  • But the children love the books!
  • SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!
  • It's just nice to meet another human that shares my affinity for elf culture.
  • You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here.
  • I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins. 

2. Anchorman. The first time I saw this movie I didn't find it funny. At all. I thought it was just dumb. However, I gave it a second chance and fell in love. It's beyond ridic which makes it even funnier and will Ferrell nails his role. I just hope Anchorman 2 is isn't a flop.
  • They named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.
  • I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...
  • I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...People know me...I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
  • God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food.
  • Take me to Pleasure Town.
  • You've got a dirty whorish mouth. 
  • Why don't you go back to your home on whore island?
  • I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.
  • I immediately regret this decision.
  • Son of a bee-sting.
  • We are laughing and we are very good friends. Good buddies sharing a special moment...
3. Stepbrothers. Will Ferrell once again pairing up with John C. Reilly, basically as man-children stepbrothers. Their immaturity cracks me up and the two of them are so great together on screen.
  • You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.
  • Stay golden, Ponyboy.
  • Did we just become best friends?
  • That's so funny the first time I heard that, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.
  • Boats and hoes
  • There's so much room for activities
  • I swear, I'm so pissed off at my mom. As soon as she's of age, I'm putting her in a home. 
4. The Hangover. When this came out, it was beyond funny. Everyone was talking about how great it was. The whole movie cracked me up and it was immediately quoteable. There were so many good lines and they all had to be repeated immediately. Over and over again.
  • Is there a payphone bank?
  • You guys might not know this, but I consider myself a bit of a loner. I tend to think of myself as a one-man wolf pack
  • It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
  • Jesus, he's like a gremlin. Comes with instructions and shit.
  • Can I ask you another question? You probably get this a lot. This isn't the real Caesar's Palace is it?
  • It's not illegal. It's frowned upon, like masturbating on an airplane.
  • Remember, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except for herpes. That shit'll come back with you.
  • Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. Go on, get out. You heard me. Don't look at me, either.
5. Napoleon Dynamite. This movie is very much a "WTF" type movie. Like how did the writers of this come up with any of this? But you know what? It worked. Most of it worked because if the main characters voices and tones. And very bizarre behavior. Any quote from this movie has to be said in the voice of the character. So. Damn. Funny.
  • It took me like three hours to finish the shading on your upper lip. It's probably the best drawing I've ever done.
  • Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day.
  • I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.
  • This is pretty much the worst video ever made. 
  • Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys?
  • Do the chickens have large talons? 
  • Well, things are getting pretty serious right now. I mean, we chat online for, like, two hours every day so I guess you could say things are gettin' pretty serious. 
  • A Liger...It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
  • Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.
  • I caught you a delicious bass. 
  • Vote for me, and all your wildest dreams will come true.
  • I like your sleeves. They're real big. 
  • Give me some of your tots.
  • Can you bring me my chapstick...my lips hurt real bad! 
  • She pretty much hates me by now.
  • Sorry I'm late. I just got done taming a wild honeymoon stallion for you guys. 
Honorable Mention: The Big Lebowski (This is only an honorable mention because I have only seen it twice. For years I would hear people quote it and not know what they were talking about. And now that I am in on it, its pretty freaking funny. I clearly don't have as many memorable/quoteables for this movie because I have only seen it two times, but I am sure the more times I watch it, the more funny random quotes I will appreciate even more.)
  • Shomer fucking shabbos.
  • You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me...Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These fucking amateurs...
  • This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass! 
  • That rug really tied the room together.
  • The Dude abides.
  • Am I the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules?
  • This is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules. 
Clearly, I got a little overly excited and quoted way too much from each movie and still felt like there was sooooo many great quotes I was leaving out. Did I miss any of your favorite quotes from these movies? Or did I miss one of your favorite quoteable movies all together? This post was really fun to write and I was literally laughing out loud to myself remembering each scene and the tone the lines were spoken in. Genius. Anyway, I hope you had enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment