Friday, June 28, 2013

Everyone Should Def Use Abbreves

Need. This.
I love abbreviations. Or shall I say "I love abbreves." They are a great way to shortcut a convo. Oh look what I just did there! I totes just used an abbreve. Ohhhh, me. Whether I do it when I speak, when I text, or when I write an email, I often use abbreviations. They save time and still get the point across and also give them a little charm, naturally. (Obvi when I write a professional email, I spell out entire words. I am not an animal after all.)

These abbreviations I speak of are different from acronyms like OMG, LOL, TTYL, BRB, LMFAO. I actually don't use acronyms when texting, but I do sometimes find them fun to use when I speak. When I leave a room to run to the bathroom, I will be all "BRB" and giggle. Or if I'm saying goodbye to a friend in person, I'll end it with "TTYL." I love to talk in text sometimes. I crack myself up. 

Some people think I am little ridic for using these so often, but I find it to be part of my natural charisma. Obvs. And some of my friends have even picked up on the little habit themselves regardless if they find it annoying or not. The jury is still out on their opinion. I think it depends on the day. But it's addictive I tell you. I like to think of myself as a trendsetter of sorts using these. Sure sure. So, hey, why not teach my ways to my fellow readers? Below are some of the most commonly used abbreves I use in my everyday vernacular. You are totes, most def, gonna love them.

1) Def. Short for definitely. This is most def one of my favorites to abbreviate. Definitely is actually a commonly misspelled word and by shortening it, you can not embarrass yourself by spelling it wrong. It's a win-win.
 
2) Totes. Short for totally. I totes love using this abbreviation. It's totes underused and I like it.

3) Adorbs. Short for adorable. You see those new peep toes wedges on that girl over there? Yeah? They are totes adorbs. I want them. Just fab.

4) Gorge. Short for gorgeous. If something is beyond adorbs, it might as well be gorge. Duh.

5) Uszh. Short for usual. My spelling on this is always different. It can't be use, or ush, or ushe, so what is it? Who really knows, so I am keeping it my way and uszh just speak it so the spelling isn't even an issue. When someone asks what I am doing Friday night, I will answer with a quick "oh you know, the uszh. In my pj's by 5 and asleep by 9." Don't be too jelly (i.e. jealous. Yes, I just went there too.) of my clearly rock star lifestyle.

6) Diff. Short for different. Same shit, diff day. AmIRight?

7) Obvi/Obvs. Short for obviously. One of my go-to abbreviations. Somedays I'll use "obvs" while other days I'll use "obvi." I've got to mix it up you know. Keep it cool. Hip.

8) Fab. Short for fabulous. For whatever reason, sometimes I even want to say "faboosh" as an abbreviation. I don't know where I got that term from, but somehow it's in my head. 

9) Whatevs. Short for whatever. Use it. Or don't use it. Whatevs. But seriously, use it.

10) Sitch. Short for situation. Walk into a room and see people arguing and ask what the sitch is.

Have you had enough already? Yes? No? Totes overwhelmed by these? Motivated to use them more? Do it. Do it. But seriously, in my everyday speak, text, and email convos, these abbreviations are totes the norm (whoa, another one right there) and they aren't going anywhere anytime in the near future. Or maybe I just use them more than uszh?!?! Oooh. Whatevs.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently I use A LOT more abbreves and forgot two of my faves...
    1) Fave. Obviously. One of my favorite ones to use.
    2) Unfortch. Short for unfortunately. Save sooo much time. Great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't believe I forgot 3) Peeps and 4) Ridic. Looks like I may have to get my act together and write a sequel to this post. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete