Saturday, October 5, 2013

Miley: Moving On...

Full admission: I DVR’ed the Miley Cyrus documentary “Miley: The Movement” on MTV Wednesday. Don’t judge. I was curious. And I was finally able to watch it yesterday morning and man, it was interesting to say the least. Miley’s just being Miley I guess you could say.

Now, I am not a fan of Miley per se, but I’m not gonna lie, I like some of her music. Seriously, I love “We Can’t Stop” and I was always a huge fan of “Party in the USA” and the older “See You Again.” And I can dig “Wrecking Ball” and “23.” Since I am too old to have ever watched “Hannah Montana,” I really don’t have a clue what that show was about or even Miley pre-“movement,” as she calls it. (Except that she snagged the gorge Liam Hemsworth for a long time.) Much of the knowledge I have of Miley Cyrus I get from my US Weekly and the other tabloids and blogs I read.


Obviously since the VMA’s, Miley has been the talk of the town and not in the most positive of light either. I mean, in my opinion, that performance was disgusting. I actually felt bad for her after because she just seemed to be trying too damn hard to be outrageous. I get it, she never really had a real childhood so she is coming out into her own now. But it’s just too much. The hair. The jewelry. The wardrobe. That fucking tongue constantly hanging out of her mouth. And I know this isn’t part of her new look, but the teeth. Ah, the teeth. For the whole documentary, all I could focus on were those huge teeth. They are straight up too big for her mouth, and clearly not her own. Miley, friendly advice sister, get some new veneers ASAP.

After following Miley through some of her “movement” for this hour throughout the release of her new album (including her VMA performance), I actually didn’t find Miley too likeable. (Her one saving grace for me was our shared love for Britney Spears. Britney for life bitches!!) I still get this vibe from her that she is trying too hard to get attention and as much as she says she is trying to be herself, I don’t buy it. There doesn’t seem much to her and all of this rebellion in her just doesn’t seem genuine to me. However, she does have a passion for her music and I can appreciate that. I’ll give her credit where credit is due.

So should you watch it? If your curiosity of Miley has been piqued lately, DVR it and take a watch. (I’m sure it will be on a million more times this weekend.) You get a bit of an inside look into who she is… at this moment in her life. Just remember, according to her, she is a movement. She is constantly growing and evolving so who knows what’s next. She does host SNL this Saturday and because I am a huge loser, I still DVR that every week so of course, I will get to see more of Miley and her movement.

***Also posted on JonesandB,  the other site I write for. Check it out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment