Sunday, September 29, 2013

These will NEVER get old

Yesterday I ran 20 miles. Solo. Well, just me and my iPod. We get along so well because I trained her so well. She has new jams and old jams. Some hip hop, some pop, some R&B, and some electronica. There is quite an electic selection of songs on there but since I have freaking fantastic taste in music, all the songs are great. Obvs. There are some songs though, that I get much more excited to hear than others and really get me going. No matter how old these songs are, I will never get sick of them. They were songs I played over and over when they first came out and now when they randomly show up on my shuffle, I am thrilled and get totally pumped.

Do you have songs like that? You must, right? In no particular order, these are the songs that never, ever get old for me. I know all the words to them and all have great beats. Just take a listen and see if they get you as hyped and excited as they do for me.

1) Thong Song. Sisqo. This song came out my senior year of high school just in time for Spring Break so it has a special place in my heart besides the fact that it is super awesome. Man, what ever happened to Sisqo?
2) Ride Wit Me. Nelly. Nelly was the king of 90's hip-hop and this song was my top Nelly hit.
3) Regulate. Warren G. Straight hood. Just kidding, but seriously this song is amazing. And, it makes me think of one of my fave "sports" movies too, Above the Rim.
4) Call Me Maybe. Carly Rae Jepson. The most recent song on this list and I belt it out each time. Plus, I just love the concept of it! Each time I hear this song I wish I had my a piece of paper with my number cutely scribbled out with my name to hand out to all the cute guys I see and/or meet. 
5) Ignition. R. Kelly. Seriously, does this song EVER get old? Nope. Never. "It's the freaking weekend baby, I'm about to have me some fun."  Damn right.
 
 I've debated putting these songs, along with a few others on a special playlist but then decided I wouldn't be as excited each time they played. They make me happy and get me in a groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment