Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sorry I'm not Sorry

Since I live alone and do a lot of things alone, I am not use to that much judgement by some of my actions. If I ever do live with someone again I will either have to hide these "weird" habits, stop doing them all together (not likely), or just do them and hope the other person still wants to stick around. None of these are abnormal, per se, but they might not be everyone's cup of tea and may think I'm a little cray-cray.

I am someone who is very stuck in her ways and routines and habits and am not ashamed of any of them. They make me who I am and those that know and love me, accept these things. They may make fun of me or call me out on them sometimes if it becomes excessive, but they know it is part of who I am. However, I make no apologies for some of my behavior.  So you know what, sorry I'm not sorry for these.


1) Falling asleep when its still light out. Um, hello, I wake up super early to run so must go to bed early to have enough energy. Now that it's fall, the it's getting dark earlier so it isn't an enormous issue, but on those long summer days, it happened a lot. Sometimes I will be so exhausted by like 5:00 or so, I will force myself to wait to get in bed until like seven and can easily be fast asleep by eight.  I am not embarrassed by this. I keep busy all day long and am an early riser. I'm like an infant in that sense. No biggie. And you know what they say: "Early to bed, early to rise." I just take the early to bed to the extreme sometimes.

2) Snot rocketing while I run. Seriously so NOT gross in this context. Just make sure no one is around you when you do it. (There is nothing grosser than someone accidentally snot-rocketing on you.) I'm sure you're thinking "Just bring Kleenex!" Um, no. It gets all grimy from sweat and stuff. I will however use my sleeve often to blow my nose, but sometimes a good old snot rocket just does the trick. (And I am not against hocking a good ole loogy too. I do this more than I'd like to admit.)

Sidenote: Although I do it while running, snot rocketing can be super gross in any other setting. Obviously. One morning I was on the subway on the way to work and seated diagonally across from me was what looked to be a semi-normal guy. That was until, he all of sudden, spread his legs, and snot rocketed right on the floor of the train. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. (And I have seen a lot!) Everyone around me looked appalled, horrified, and repulsed, especially those people sitting next to, and directly across from this man. I immediately, got up and walked to the opposite end of the train. I was not worried about offending anyone at this point. I was, however, the ONLY person that moved. Although everyone else saw this and was disgusted, they all stayed put! I couldn't believe it. All of these people seemed scared to move at this point. If the guy was crazy enough to snot rocket on a crowded train, what else could he do? I didn't care at that point. I didn't want any spray snot on me. Or any other bodily fluids god forbid. Ew. As I got up and moved, the other people who were seated around me and this man actually all had jealous puppy dog eyes looking at me leaving like they wish they could do the same, but were scared. Screw them. That was fucking disgusting and I was out there. Suckas.

3) For watching what some would call "trash TV" and loving every second of it. Honey Boo-Boo. Princesses: Long Island. Real Housewives of Anywhere. Real World. (Yes still!!) I like these shows. I am entertained by them. (And I wouldn't mind being on some of them.) Usually if it's on Bravo, VH1, or MTV, I will give it a two episode trial. And more often than not, I stick with it. Sometimes I can talk about the people in these shows as if I really know them. So freaking what?! Let me live. It gives me joy.

4) Thinking its acceptable to wear workout clothes pretty much anywhere. Whether its yoga pants/capris or even basketball shorts, I just feel comfortable in that attire. I've done almost everything but yoga in actual yoga pants. They are the shit. And my love for yoga capris goes even deeper. I dress them up and down and poof, I have an outfit for any occasion.  

5) Burping/Talking about poop. Yes, I am a female. And yes, I burp. (And I'm AWESOME at it.) And yes I poop (if you read this blog enough you know this!!) AND I even discuss it from time to time. (Well more often than not.) These are normal bodily functions and I have no shame burping when I need to and letting people know when I have to poop or discuss the actual poop and/or its frequency. I find it so prudish when people are grossed out by this. Of course there is a time and place for both of these and I do know my audience, but I am not ashamed of either and do it so openly. Some people find it repulsive (poo-poo I say to you (pun intended)) while others find it refreshing and open, and even engage in it. Sometimes they are even relieved I am the one that brought it up! If you are friends with me, you know that I don't hold back with these two things...and you usually don't either which is why we get along so well.

Basically, I am who I am at this point in my life. A zebra can't change its stripes and most of my stripes are here to stay. So what if I like going to bed ridiculously early sometimes? Who cares if I snot rocket on a run or love wearing sweats everywhere. And you may think my taste in TV is horrific. Whatever. I will "do me" as they say and will not apologize for it. So once again, sorry I'm not sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment