Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Slow your "Role"

Okay, Okay, we all know I watch a lot of TV. And a lot of it is what some would consider trash-TV. Most of it is reality TV and I tend to find most of it supremely entertaining and totally worthwhile which is why I tune in week after week. It gives me joy and I'm so not ashamed to admit it.

There are many people that "hate-watch" many of the shows I like because so many people are unlikeable, but I watch simply because I enjoy them. (And yeah, maybe a miniscule amount of hate-watching too. You got me there.) In my opinion, many of these shows have likeable people for the most part and even those who you root for; however, there are some people who, when they come on my screen, make me want to punch them in the face. And since I can't do that, they make me want to change the channel. But do I do that? Of course not! That would just be silly.

These people that I can't stand mostly fall into three categories:
1) People that just have irritating, annoying personalities. Plain and simple. They suck as human beings. 
2) People just seem like they are trying so hard for a story-line or screen time that they act like complete dickheads. Or in some cases, its just their real personality. So they aren't acting at all. Sucks for them too.
3) People that are legit batshit crazy. 

Wow, so basically they all suck, but I promise you, these shows aren't all that bad. They just seem to cast some of the people are wrong with reality TV. But, and big but here, unfortunately most of the time, these are the people that bring the ratings in and get others to tune in. That's what stinks. I understand that producers want people that create "normal" drama for a reality show, but since these type of shows have become so prevalent, they seem to want each individual to play a "role" even though its unscripted TV. There is the instigator. The bitch. The drunken slut. Etc... Sometimes it is just too obvious and over the top who is playing what role. People try to be the most obnoxious to gain their own spin off (Remember New York from Flavor of Love?) or just gain notoriety for being an asshole (Omarosa from The Apprentice). Ugh, the worst. These people need to slow their "role" and just relax. It's too much.

Below are who I think are some of the most awful people currently gracing my television screen and ruining some decent shows week after week.

1) Tomi Rose.  Hot List Miami. (Style Network) This is a brand new show that I wasn't going to watch, but have found myself watching when nothing else is on. I haven't seen every episode, but the ones I have seen have been okay. One of the first things I noticed on this show, besides how beautiful Katrina Campins is and how smoking hot her body is, is that Tomi was cast to cause drama and she seems to love every second of it. She seems to thrive on being a bitch and that's just not okay. I know it's a show and all, but she seems to have zero redeeming qualities. And the more obnoxious she acts, the more they talk about her and the more screen time she gets. Not okay in my book. 

FYI, this promo picture looks NOTHING like what she looks like on the show. The airbrushing crew Style Network hired for its promo pics deserves a huge raise for that. 

2) Diem Brown. The Challenge Rivals. (MTV) I don't know what it is about this chick, but she just annoys the shit out of me. Whenever I watch her and I see her, I literally say out loud to myself "Ugh, she is THE. WORST." Like every single time. I can't help it. I know she has beat cancer like twice already and I give her huge props for that (it really is incredible), but that doesn't make her any more likable on my TV screen. She tries to come across all sweet and innocent, but I don't buy it for one micro-second. She's whiny and annoying and I just think she sucks. How she ever got the hotness that is CT is beyond me. Love him. I always wish for Diem to be one of the first voted out because she can't get off my TV soon enough.


3) Jonathan Cheban. Keeping Up with the Kardashians. (E!) Jonathan is what I like to call a hanger-on. He is supposedly one of Kim's best friends, and somehow managed to get his own E! show briefly about his PR firm, but clearly wasn't that likeable that E! brought it back. Instead he just follows Kim around like a puppy dog on random eps of KUWTK asking her questions the producers clearly asked him to discuss with her. That's his job and he is pathetically totally okay with it. It's kinda sad. And Jonathan, the jig is up, just come out of the closet already. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay, so please just accept it and stop pretending to like women. You aren't fooling anyone.

4) CJ LeBeau. Below Deck. (Bravo). Let me just say, this was one of my fave shows this summer. A sleeper hit if you will. I wasn't going to watch it originally and gave it my two-episode tester and I was hooked. And I just read it was renewed for another season, so yeah, that's exciting. For me at least. But huge newsflash to CJ: You are not attractive. You are gross. And smug. And ugly. There, I said it. Glad to get that off my chest because CJ needs a reality check. He walks around like a ladies man and a supermodel, but he is just not cute. Not cute at all. Harsh yes, but true. And the whole thing with him not keeping his shirt on. I just can't. Ugh. So irritating. 

Maybe you are judging me based on my choices of TV shows? Maybe you're wondering why I still watch these shows if each one of them that has a cast member that makes me want to crawl out of my skin? Maybe you even think I missed someone that irritates the crap out of you? (Yet you still watch too!) Who knows. I just know that these people seem to irritate the piss out of me and allow me to hate-watch a little, but still keep me tuning in.

No comments:

Post a Comment