Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy 2nd Blogiversary to Me!!

Today is the second anniversary of Someone Will Appreciate! Woohoo. Two full years of writing my most thoughtful, ridiculous, serious, and hilarious thoughts on TV/movies, guy/dating, working out, traveling, poop, etc... You know, just the usual stuff for me.

Who would have thought I had another year of this in me? Perhaps I did. I enjoy writing and often find it therapeutic. Sometimes I have blocks and have nothing to say so I don't force it. There was definitely a dry spell with the posts this year when things got busy and hectic and I just didn't have much to write about or even time to write. There were others where I couldn't wait to sit down and get writing. It happens.

I think the best thing I wrote about this year was my trip. I will have those posts forever and can always look back on those 24 amazing days in Europe. Best time ever. Also, like every year, this year was full of ups and downs. And I documented most of them. Obviously.

Since I have been writing this blog for yet another year and I am the queen of making lists, I thought I'd make yet another list of my top five posts of the year, just like I did last year.  The five posts below are ones that meant the most to me, ones that I took the most pride in, or ones that I just happen to think are were pretty wonderful. They also may mark something important that happened or affected me greatly. I had a really hard time picking just five because I love so many of the posts I've written and a had a lot going on the past twelve months. Go back and re-read some of them. I'm pretty sure you will enjoy them just as much the second time around as you did the first.

1. Europe by the Numbers. This was basically a brief recap of my trip. I loved all my blog posts over my 3.5 weeks but obvi couldn't pick them all so this summary gave a big idea of what I did and saw in European adventure. It was a trip I will never, ever forget and am so grateful to have gone and experienced all that I did.

2. I am Lucky. Marathon number 6. It almost didn't happen after Hurricane Sandy hit NYC, but thankfully I found another marathon to run the following week in Pennsylvania. After all the health issues the previous year, to be able to run a marathon was even more of an accomplishment to me than usual.

3. I drank the Kool-Aid. My initiation into the cult and obsession that is SoulCycle. Spinning had always been fun for me, but once I began taking SoulCycle classes, it became a passion for me. (I enjoyed it so much that I went and got certified to become a spin instructor myself.) Although an expensive habit, the feeling I have when I leave SoulCycle classes is priceless.

4. Nut. Milk. Ah, my juice cleanse. Definitely something out of the ordinary for me because of my love for food, but this cleanse was a pretty great experience and I actually can't wait to do another one (or two) again this year.

5. The Joys of Yoga Pants. My love for yoga pants has no bounds and this post just hits the surface on why. Yoga Pants and yoga capris are great and if I could wear them every single day, I would.

Do you remember these posts? Did they interest and/or entertain you? I loved going back and re-reading a lot of these. It's like a year in review for me. I am once again going to get them printed in a book so I can have a bound paper copy like I did last year. It's awesome and I love going back and randomly reading old posts and it's something I will always have.

Do you have any ideas YOU want to write about? (Or want me to write about.) You could write a guest post on Someone Will Appreciate. Shoot me an email or comment below (I LOVE comments!!!) if you want to do that. 

Once again, thanks for reading and supporting me. If you particularly like this blog (I hope I'm stating the obvious here), spread the word to your friends! Seriously. And if you haven't already liked this page on Facebook, stop reading right now and go and do that. NOW. Shamless promotion right there.

Here's to another year of Someone Will Appreciate. And here's to another year of me being me and deciding to document most of it! Holler.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2 years! Can't believe it's been that long - I remember when you were just starting this blog! Love reading your posts... especially the ones about poop :)

    Mazel Tov!

    ReplyDelete