Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Reality Me?

With the 22nd and final season of the Real World just starting on MTV last week, it has got me thinking 1) I am so old compared to these people 2) I wish I could('ve) be(en) on that show and never went for it. I am not embarrassed or ashamed to admit I still watch and enjoy this show. I have seen every single season and still find it entertaining. It was the show that started it all.

Now most of you know, I love me some reality TV. I mix it all up with some quality shows (Parenthood, Blue Bloods, Girls, etc...) also, but I can't give up the good stuff. In fact, there are some reality shows that I not only continue to watch if still on the air, but wouldn't mind being on if given the opportunity. Seriously. I think I would make for great TV. Facts. With all that being said, here are the six reality shows that I would LOVE to be on...


1. Real World. The OG of all reality TV shows, this one started out as "...The true story... of seven strangers... picked to live in a house...work together and have their lives taped... to find out what happens... when people stop being polite... and start getting real." From the start it dealt with a diverse cast with serious issues but has since evolved into a drunken slutty shit show. MTV seems to realize it has run its course going that route which is why this is the final season. Already after one episode, it can been seen its being edited differently and they are going an entirely different route having the houseguests exes enter the house very soon. Should be interesting. Although I still find this show entertaining, it has lost it's true meaning. Why didn't I ever send in an audition tape? That is beyond me. And now although I am too old to be on that show now by like 10 years (yikes!!), I would have LOVED the opportunity to give it a go.

2. Road Rules. This show lasted 14 seasons and the contestants traveled from location to location in all different countries depending on the season. The cast was guided by a set of clues and a missions to complete at each location to see if they could move on. I loved the whole challenge aspect of this show. It wasn't just getting drunk and laying around. There was the whole activity component that I wanted to participate in. 

3. Real World/Road Rules Challenge. The love child of the first two reality shows, this one took the people from both shows and had them compete against each other in a series of challenges for a cash prize. It was the best of both worlds and I wanted in. Badly. I would have dominated. The challenges were intense and there was of course the social game as well. And the partying. What's not to like? If there is another fresh meat-type season coming up and no age limit, I may give it go! 

4. Survivor. This one might be my biggest challenge, but I'd still be up for it. I am a very sporty and active person and I love being outside, but I am not super "outdoorsy." Bugs, sleeping on the ground, and walking around in a bathing suit aren't exactly my idea of fun, but I'd make it work. I think the hardest thing for me here would be hunger. I am not the most pleasant person to be around when I am hungry, nor do I think I could compete at my best on only rice and water. And don't even get me started on the close-ups of all the bug bites people get there. Or the pruny hands and feet after days of rain. However, a challenge like this on a physical level and social level would definitely be the experience of a lifetime.

5. Amazing Race. My ex-boyfriend and I were actually so into this show we applied for it. At that point, they had never had a interracial couple on the show and we wanted to be it. We made an awesome video holding a black and white cookie and singing Jungle Fever and Ebony and Ivory. I mean, c'mon, that is gold! But we weren't selected. (We were shocked!!) I actually can't watch this show anymore because it gives me too much anxiety to watch; however, I would have no problem being a participant. I just need a good partner and a better story and I would apply again for sure. 

6. Biggest Loser. Although Dolvett may possibly be one of the sexiest men alive, there are other reasons I want to be on this show. The workouts look amazing and to be secluded like that with only exercising, healthy foods, and challenges to do, it seems like heaven to me. And I can afford to lose an easy twenty pounds. A few weeks on the BL ranch, and I could be a whole new me. And if it doesn't work out, I guess I could shell out the money to head to one of their many ranches and spas across the country, but then I wouldn't get one-on-ones with Jillian, Bob, or Dolvett and that's what I really want.

Hmmm....so many decisions. I could easily apply to three of these shows if I really wanted to. Maybe I need to start looking around and making some audition tapes. Or maybe I will just stay a fan and tune in every week. Or maybe I just need my own reality show. The life and times of me.... Would be a top rated show for sure!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment