Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Things I am not...

I am a lot of things: Awesome. Hilarious. Smart. Athletic. Driven. And apparently quite modest too. Hehe. But seriously, I talk about myself on here quite often and feel that people who read this regularly have a good sense about the time of person I am. I am very set in my ways and have my likes and dislikes. There are certain things however, that I am not too fond of (spicy food, bad texters, etc...) or words that someone would never use to describe me (mellow, quiet, boring, etc...). I am however, open to new things and will try most things at least one time. But as the old saying goes "A zebra can't change its stripes", there are some things, that I just don't know if I will ever be. I am more than willing to give it a go, but for now, here are things that I am not...

I am not:
Meh, not really my thing
1. A concert person. They are loud. They are crowded. They are often overpriced. I know I sound like an 85 year old grandma here, but concerts just don't do it for me. I have been to a few in my life, but I am suuuuper picky when it comes to them. I won't go to a concert unless I know about 90% of the songs that are going to be played (Um, Britney, NKOTHBSB, Jay-Z/Eminem...concerts I was actually dying to go to). It's not fun for me otherwise. I like to sing along and really appreciate the artist and their performance. If I don't know the lyrics, its just not that fun for me. And forget it if its a new band. If I don't know your music, I am not that interested in learning it this way. Sounds a little ignorant, but that's how it is for me.

This can't be comfy to fly in
2. Someone who dresses up to go to the airport. Who are these people anyway? Besides celebrities, who really does this? I mean high heels, tight jeans, fancy dresses, full faces of make-up? This cannot be comfortable. There is time when you land to primp if you need to, but how can you sit and be comfortable dressed like that for hours at a time on an airplane? Brutal. I am all about comfort. Yoga pants. Hoodie. Ponytail.


Yes to Gay Marriage!
3. Someone who knows and follows politics. This is something I am actually quite embarrassed and ashamed about. I wish I knew more about politics but my attention span permits me from paying attention to the news and newspaper/magazine articles about the topic if its more than a paragraph or two. I need the abbreviated, watered down version. Otherwise its too much. I know I should make a better attempt, but damn, my short attention span doesn't seem to allow it. I know its my future, but can't US Weekly do a column each week on it or something? As the election gets closer, I will try and make a better attempt at keeping up. I would love to take this characteristic of this list.

This is me without a TV on
4. Someone who can fall asleep in silence. I must have the TV on. It can't be music (because I tend to sing-a-long and then there is no chance in falling asleep). And it can't be a show or movie I haven't seen before (because I will obvi try to stay up and watch it). For my Bat Mitzvah, I got a TV in my bedroom as a gift and this changed my life forever. From this point on, a bad habit formed where I can rarely fall asleep without the TV on. So thanks Mom and Dad for that gift. Just kidding, I LOVED it. There is something about the combination of the light and the sound that I need in order fall asleep. Without TV it is just too dark (even with a night-light) and too quiet and I get very restless.  I know this is a bad habit and can often be annoying to someone else who sleeps over or I share a room with, but its pretty much a must for me.

My style. So fast, you're a blur
5. A dilly-dallier. Sometimes as I walk down the streets of NYC, I don't understand how people get to where they need to go. They seem to be just mosy-ing down the street with no real need to get anywhere on time. New York is one of those places where you hear everyone is always in a rush and there is a need for speed. Well, sometimes I feel like its the opposite. As someone that is seemingly always on the go, I pass people left and right. It's my quick walking speed and semi-ADD nature, but don't these people have someplace to get on time. I pride myself in the speed and efficiency that I get things done, but I really get frustrated when people take their sweet little time. It's not that I am always in a rush, but I do just don't understand how people move so damn slow. (Even when I had my broken foot and was in my boot, I walked faster than 75% of the people on the sidewalk!) If you are with me and we are walking around, be prepared to move at a nice steady pace and to get stuff done. 

Clearly this list makes me look a little strange, but I am who I am. I do not hide these qualities about myself and like I said before, I am willing to give everything a try at least one time. I do want to learn about politics, and I would be willing to go to another concert if necessary. I will branch out a little. However, I don't think I will ever be able to just take my sweet little time walking down the street because its just not my nature, but never say never. As I continue to get older and more mature (I am 30 after all!!), some of these things might change, and some might get even worse, but at least I am aware of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment