Friday, May 25, 2012

Working Out...My Wallet

Most people who know me, know that my life often revolves around my workouts, my food, and my sleep. However, sometimes I get stuck in a little rut with my workouts and my food. I will do the same workout over and over again and eat the same foods over and over. And sometimes, I want a change. However, most of the time my wallet doesn't permit these changes. I know what you may be thinking "All you really need for a good workout is a good pair of shoes." And you know what, to them I say "You can only run so many times before getting bored." I like to try and mix things up as best as I can so my body and my mind don't get use to them. So there are some things that just aren't in the budget for me that I wish I could do on a very regular basis.

1) At least twice a week at Barry's Bootcamp. This bootcamp is supposed to be pretty awesome and really chisel and tone your body. I love bootcamp style workouts because they vary so many different activities and workout so many different muscles. I also enjoy being yelled at during workouts which I assume they do here. I am the type of person that enjoys an instructor yelling at me in order to motivate me. Growing up an athlete, this was always a way to get me fired up.


2) At least 3 classes a week at Soul Cycle/Flywheel. Soul Cycle is $32 a class and Flywheel is $30. Right now I take spin every Saturday morning FOR FREE at my gym. The instructor is amazing and hard core and I leave every time with a great sense of accomplishment and a total endorphin high. I wish she taught other morning classes, but she doesn't. It's a bummer. I really think the key to a good class is the music AND the instructor. I have had bad instructors and good music and the class still sucks and I have had good instructors and bad music and that is a little better, but still not great. I want to leave a spin class sweating so much it looks like I just got out of a pool. That kind of workout gives me energy and confidence for the day.

3) Lululemon Gear.  Their stuff is so damn cute but so damn expensive. Why are their yoga pants/capris around $90? Yes I know they are fantastic quality and adorable, but for the amount of times a week I wear yoga pants/capris I would need multiple pairs. And their tops...also fabulous...and also expensive. Okay, I'll say it: I want it all. From their bras to their bags. I just wish money were no object here because I would buy so. much. 

4) Work with a Personal Trainer at least 4 times a week. I am a pretty motivated person on my own with running and other cardio, but when it comes to lifting weights, I need that extra push. And someone right by side counting reps and making sure my form is correct. The trainer would also make sure I mix up my routine and do different exercises so my body doesn't get used to anything. It also wouldn't hurt if my trainer was male, and had a smokin' body. (And since this is my blog and I can dream, I will just take Dolvett from Biggest Loser. If he's not motivation, I don't know what is. I would listen to anything that came out of this body. Dayum.)

5) Juices/Smoothies at Juice Generation. Fresh Squeezed juices. Yum! Fresh squeezed juices and ice in smoothie form. Double Yum. But this doesn't come cheap either. I would love to do juices for breakfast and lunch and then a sensible dinner, but it can be expensive. I know I could buy my own juicer and do it myself but that's annoying and can also cost a lot. And of course never tastes as good as the store. Juice Generation runs about 7-10 dollars for a juice or a smoothie. They are all natural with no added sugars and really taste great. Juicing is all the rage and is really supposed to energize you. Although I am more of a food person and don't really know if I could handle just a juice for a meal, I do wish that I could treat myself here at least five times a week minimally. 

And just because I couldn't resist, let's not a forget a weekly massage to take care of my sore muscles. Of course this will be necessary. (I also wouldn't mind if this was done by a male with a smokin' body. Maybe I will just have Dolvett work me out, then rub me down? Okay? Done deal.)

All of these exercise related activities are clearly expensivo. This is probably the reason celebs get the bodies they want so bad and so quickly. They have whatever they want at their disposals workout-wise for the most part. Hopefully one day I will be able to afford all of these and not have to worry about the money (and my body). And if that doesn't work out for me (pun intended), I could just hire someone to smack me whenever I want to have a nibble or a snack that I shouldn't be having. Yeah, that should do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment