Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Rapid Fire Q's

Oh hey, its me! I talk about myself often on this blog and its usually more so about what's happening in my life and how I'm feeling about it. But today is a little different because I am going to talk about me just for the sake of it. The other day I was listening to a podcast (Ali on the Run) and the host (Ali) ended it by asking her guests some rapid fire questions. She asks each guest the same list of questions each week (at least the two weeks I've listened to so far). As I was listening I couldn't help but wonder how I'd answer some of these questions. A lot of them were running related since it's a running podcast, but most were just some personal fun questions. I decided, hey, I want to answer these fun questions too. And since I have my own blog, I have the perfect arena to do so. A few years ago, I did something kind of (but not really) similar when I did my own version of US Weekly's "25 Things You Don't Know About Me." I didn't want any overlap anything here with that list, but instead I decided to ask myself some other (what I deem) fun questions to answer (most of which were from that podcast) and for you to get to know me a little better. Some of you that know me super well know the answer to most of these, but if not, you may learn something! Heck, we may have more in common than you thought. Or, you may think, whoa, how are we even friends? Regardless, take a read a learn a little something about little ole me...

1. What's your all-time favorite movie? Troop Beverly Hills. Without a doubt, this will always be my favorite. Although I own it on VHS (I refuse to toss it) and on DVD, it is always a must-watch if it's on TV too. I am that annoying person that recites every line right before its said or over the character's voice because I am so excited to hear it each time.

2: What would be your last meal on earth? An Au Cheval cheeseburger with bacon and french fries and garlic aioli. Drool. This wasn't ranked the best burger in America for no reason. It is no joke and totally amazing.

3: What is your go-to karaoke song? "I Want it That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. If I'm really feeling it, I'll throw in some choreography too with it.

4: Where would you live if not Chicago (or NYC)? London. 100%. If it wasn't so far and you didn't need a visa, I would move there in a heartbreak. It's a fantastic urban city, everyone speaks English so I wouldn't have to learn a new language, it's really active, has amazing public transportation, and there is history everywhere. I would move there tomorrow if I could.

5: What is your greatest fear? Becoming so fat that I am too big and self-conscious to even leave my house. I am already über self-conscious about my body and my weight and I legit fear everyday that I will just keep getting bigger and bigger. I have been known to burst into tears if I see a morbidly obese person out and about because I know people stare and judge and ridicule and it makes me so sad. I know this is my issue, but it just tears me apart because I know how I feel about myself at my weight, and just can't imagine how I would feel if I continued to get bigger.

6: What is your dream job? An ESPN sideline reporter for NFL football or college of NBA basketball. I love sports (and athletes...zero shame there) and know an awful lot about them as well. Reporting on the sideline of an NCAA or professional basketball or football game would be perfect for me. I'd be in my element talking about what I love.

7: Who are three famous people you'd invite over for a dinner party? Barack Obama, Lebron James, Britney Spears.

8: What is your biggest insecurity? My weight and cellulite. (Yes, I know everyone has some cellulite, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.) As much as I workout, I have it. A lot of it and it's showing no signs of going away. I try not to be sensitive about it, but damn, it makes me feel so uncomfortable in my own skin.

9: Who is your current celebrity crush? There actually isn't any one celeb I am head over heals over right now, which is weird to say. But there are a whole lot of basketball and football players who I certainly wouldn't kick out of bed... JR Smith, Odell Beckham, Antonio Brown, Cam Newton, Kyrie Irving....shall I go on?!?!?! (Cause I easily could.)

10: What is your favorite app on your phone? Hate to say it, but it's Instagram.Whether its food, sports, hot athletes, travel scenery, or funny (way too relatable) memes, or my friends' lives, I love it all.

11: What is your most-used emoji? The crying-laughing face. I mean, I'm funny. My friends are funny. Therefore, we laugh til we cry and have to show it. It does more than a "hahahahaha" sometimes.

12: What is your favorite current TV show? Although it just ended the other night, I am going to have to go with Summer House on Bravo. Have you seen this? It's fantastic. It has the characters you love (Kyle and the twins) and the one you love to hate (Lindsay, Everett, and Jaclyn). It has beautiful scenery (hello Montauk and NYC). And it has drama and comedy. It's perfection and I love it and I never wanted it to end. I'm sad it's over for the season and I hope they pick it up for next year. (Thankfully I have a whole lot of other TV on my DVR to keep me busy now that this is over.)

13: What are three adjectives that best describe you? Driven, funny, active.

14: Where would your dream vacation be? An African Safari. It's no secret I love going to the zoo and seeing all the animals. However, I would love to see them in their natural habitat and up close and personal. Although I'd probably shit my pants if a real Lion came within 100 feet of me, I'd still be in total awe.

15. What would be your superpower? Teleportation. I just want to snap my fingers and get where I want to be whether its to NYC to get in a quick hang with my friends or a SoulCycle class with my favorite instructor. Or just go home late at night without paying for an Uber or waiting for the train, I want this to happen. 

So there you have it... If didn't know, now you know. I hope you learned a little somethin'-somethin' new about me and enjoyed actually do so. Did anything surprise you? Did it get you thinking how you'd answer these questions? Anyway, I just wanted to switch things up a little and share a little more about me! If you're feeling super share-y too, go ahead and answer one (or more) of these 15 questions below in the comments. Lemme learn a little something about you too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment