Thursday, September 1, 2011

We're Wilderness Girls and it's Cookie Time

I was a child of the 80's, and there are movies from that time period, and the early 90's that I still LOVE. They are movies, if on TV, even though I own them, I will insist on watching. Sure, I can throw in the DVD and get the whole version without commercials anytime I want, but there is just something special when one of my favorite movies is on TV. I sit there in my apt, like a loser, and can recite most of the lines word for word. My ability to recite the lines is a gift and I continue to impress myself each time.

Below are my Top 5 favorite movies in order, with two of my favorite quotes from the movie (it was too hard to pick just one) along with one of my favorite scenes.  There are obvious others that come very close to making that list that might be on your top 5.  Most girls my age will have at least one or two, if not all of these movies on their all-time list but we all have different tastes. However, if you consider yourself a friend of mine and haven't seen each of these movies, please don't inform me of this because it will just upset me and you need to stop reading right immediately and get them on your Netflix queue.


1. Troop Beverly Hills  
"Annie Herman, boy yoy yoing"
"Patches...we don't need no stinkin' patches"
I am also not embarrassed at all to know 90% of the lyrics to this beauty...It's cookie time:

2. Can't Buy Me Love 
"Who could beat a night of cards, chips, dips, and dorks"
"He went from like, totally geek, to totally chic"
The African Anteater ritual:

3. The Goonies  
"Hey...you....guys..."
"Pinches of power, pinches of power"
Lets not forget the famous Truffle Shuffle:

4. Dirty Dancing   
"Nobody puts Baby in the corner"
"I carried a watermelon"
The Final Dance:

5. Pretty Woman    
"Well color me happy! There's a sofa in here for two!"
"I'm a safety girl"
Sweet, sweet revenge:


I hope watching these clips took you back a bit to your childhood and brought a smile to your face. It might have even given you a craving to throw one of them in your DVD player. So go ahead, throw your hair in a side pony, and watch away.

2 comments:

  1. This certainly brought back some great memories! This must have taken a lot of time and heart to do this. You have a great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troop Bev Hills was one of my faves, along with Big Buisness

    ReplyDelete