Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shake What Your Mama Gave You

I love to shake my booty as much as the next girl. And as a white girl with a big booty, I feel I have the right to do so. And sometimes I will even do the Jersey Turnpike if I am feeling a little wild. I put Deena from Jersey Shore to shame. When I go out and hear a booty shaking song, I make sure and shake what my mama gave me.

At the beginning of the summer, I saw a new music video online called "Walmart" by the ever classy Mr. Ghetto. In a word, this video is incredible.  It pretty much takes place in Walmart and has some amazingly entertaining lyrics about his girls in the store (so listen carefully). Now we all know that you can get pretty much whatever you need and want in a Walmart. Unfortch, there is no Walmart in NYC, which makes me sad. In college we use to go one town over to the Super Walmart and I could literally spend HOURS there. Whether I needed a tire, a TV, a can of beans, or a new bathing suit, the Walmart was a one-stop-shop. But never did I once shake my booty in a Walmart. Apparently, I don't know what I am missing. In the "Walmart" video, the girls are performing a dance called the "New Orleans Bounce" and they do it all over the store. It is absolutely ridiculous and yet hilarious at the very same time. Because I find this video so entertaining, I decided to make a list of my top 5 booty shaking songs. So without further ado...

1. Mr. Ghetto "Walmart"

2. Juvenile "Back that Ass up"



3. Sisqo "Thong Song"

4. Ying Yang Twins "Shake it Like a Salt Shaker"



5. (Obviously) Sir Mix-a-Lot "Baby Got Back"



Honorable mentions: Bubba Sparx - "Miss New Bootie", Huey - "Pop, Lock, and Drop it", Diddy feat Nelly - "Shake Ya Tailfeather", Wrexx-N-Effect- "RumpShaker", Mystical - "Shake Ya Ass"

I am sure many people have their favorite booty shaking songs. Some old and some new. But these are my faves whether you like it or not. When I hear them, regardless if I am alone in my apartment or in a crowded bar, I like to get it moving. Ain't no shame in my game.

No comments:

Post a Comment