Monday, August 6, 2012

25 Things You Don't Know About Me

Every Thursday I run to the mailbox to get my US Weekly. It's one of the best $52 I spend all year. It's a good magazine for someone like me that has ADD. The articles are pretty short and not too wordy (I am looking at you People!) so I can cruise through it without much thought and learn a ton. Usually by the time I get the magazine I know about 70% of what's in it (from the news and other blogs I read), but I still love reading it and catching up on all the new celeb gossip. I sometimes even get good book recommendations in there. Who would have thought?

Anyway, each week US has a featured "column" with a celebrity called "25 Things You Don't Know About Me" and the celeb goes ahead and lists 25 random fact about themselves. I always, always think to myself as I am reading this "What if US called me and asked me to do this? What would I write down?" Well, why should I wait for US when I have this great avenue to make this exact list? (And we all know how much I love lists!) The stuff I put on this list, some of you who know me well might already know, but others might learn something new about me.


25 THINGS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME
1) I am scared of the ocean, but will go in up to my waist if I can see the bottom.
2) I have never been to Europe.
3) My first car was a 1994 White Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I loved it and still wish I had it today.
4) I went to overnight camp for 4 weeks the summer going into fifth grade and cried out of homesickness almost every single day.
5) I will eat pretty much anything dipped in "good" ranch.
6) If the "Donna Martin graduates" episode of 90210 is on TV, I must watch it even though I have seen it hundreds of times.
7) I am not an animal lover, but would love to get a dog exactly like our deceased family dog Reggie. If/when I do, I want to name this dog Reggie as well.
8) I have never had stitches.
9) The first concert I ever went to was Smashing Pumpkins. I even bought an overpriced T-shirt there.
10) My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
11) I do not know how to whistle.
12) I wish I could afford as many Hervé Léger bandage dresses as my little heart desires.
13) I would love to be a spin instructor or teach aerobics. I may get on this very soon.
14) I think it would be awesome to have all my blog posts printed in a book.
15) I have never smoked a cigarette in my life.
16) I throw a baseball and football like a guy. And I love that about myself.
17) My parents thought about naming me Wendy. I definitely don't look like a Wendy. At all.
18) One day I will after I have children, I will get a breast lift and tummy tuck. Yes sirree bob.
19) I do not like mustard. Or olives. Gross.
20) I could spend hundreds of thousands of dollars at Dick's Sporting Goods if given only an hour in there. No joke.
21) I can't survive without talking to my mom on the phone at least once a day.
22) When I do get married, I will most def have two dresses. One for the ceremony and a short party dress for the reception. Gotta get my dance on after all.
23) My dream body is Britney Spears circa her "I'm a Slave for U" days.
24) I had braces. Twice.
25) I miss playing basketball almost every day.

When I sat down to write this post, I wasn't sure if it would be super easy or super hard to come up with "25 Things You Don't Know About Me". And turns out, it was def on the harder side. I wanted to write things that people didn't already know. Some people who read this blog know me personally and know me well and others don't know me at all. I want both groups of people to learn something new and not have it be something I had written about before on this website (for example: I would have added the fact I want to learn how to knit but I have written about it here before so I didn't want to put that on this list). I  also wanted what I wrote to be important, unique, and/or interesting. I hope I succeeded at that.

I didn't write this all in one sitting because I legit had a difficult time with this. (In a good way. I always welcome a challenge.) I wanted it to be thoughtful and something I could also look back on and smile. Anyway, although I am not famous (yet?!), I hope you learned a little about me and found this list to be somewhat entertaining. Maybe one day US will publish one of these bad boys about me.

2 comments:

  1. 26. I can't use chopsticks for the life of me! It's pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, Wendy! You are SOOO not a Wendy! That makes me laugh.
    - Keagan

    ReplyDelete