Monday, August 20, 2012

My terrible, horrible, no good, very bad WEEK

I've had a pretty awesome summer this far. I have been healthy (Ulcerative Colitis is finally under control) and I have been having so much fun. Trying new things. Partying. Meeting lots of new people (hello gentlemen). Getting my tan on. However, last week was just awful. With a capital "A." I was Alexander, and it was my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad WEEK. After everything was going so well for so long, it was about time for that other shoe to drop, and I guess better now then two weeks from now when work starts up again. Blaaaah. My luck has already begun to change a bit this weekend and things are definitely start looking up. It has to. It needs to. 

I hate to think that I was so lucky to have things work in my favor for so long that something bad was bound to happen. That's no way to think through life, but that's how my brain works. I can only hope that because all these bad things happened within a one-week span, that will be the worst of it and things will continue to turn around for the better. So what happened in the last week that really dampened my spirits. (As I wrote this Friday night, things had not yet started to turn around. However, after I had originally written it, things began to get better as evidenced by my updates.) Well, here it goes...

1) The guy I am casually kinda/sorta dating dropped a bomb on me. (First of all, mom, nothing serious in the guy or the bomb department so don't even ask. Thanks. We all know how you are about this stuff so no questions please. Love you.) Him and I were talking and joking around and he told me some personal information when we were both very, very drunk so I clearly did not react in the best manner to what he was telling me. Apparently my facial expression alone was not appropriate nor very nice and what I said was even worse. So after neither of us explaining ourselves too well, he left my place and had to go home and "think." That's not the best way to end a night, but I can't control what comes out of my mouth sometimes.

UPDATE: This happened last weekend and we hung out this weekend and talked about what happened. Apparently it was all one big drunken misunderstanding on both our parts. There is actually no bomb and I was given an apology (in fact, many of them) for what was misinterpreted and all is well. Once we cleared the air, it turns out my opinion of him not only went back to what it originally was, but has improved based on what was misunderstood. However, thinking about what I thought was going on all week was definitely added stress that I didn't want/need. 

2) I went on a date with a different guy (once again, relax mom) the next night and had such a great time and developed a little crush, which unfortunately was not reciprocated. Someone not being interested in me is not something new. It's part of life. Fact: Not everyone is attracted to everyone. Shockingly, its something that happens from time to time (clearly he has terrible taste if he's not into me but that's another story) and sometimes the sparks just aren't there which is no one's fault. But in this case, I thought there was a connection between me and this guy. Silly me. But here is where the problem lies: He said he wanted to see me again, texted it back to me the next day when I thanked him again and said I had fun, and then when I followed up for another date, he blew me off. Not cool. Freaking tell the truth that you aren't into me, or at least lie and say you are busy. Don't say you want to hang out and then when I suggest a date to do so, disappear. A little hit to the ego, but on to the next. That's all I can really do at this point cause I am not going to pursue someone who isn't into me. His loss. But yeah, it happens. It doesn't mean it doesn't sting a little though. 

3) My wallet was stolen the night of my great date. My drivers license, monthly metro card, cash, and credit card were all stolen. Not to mention my very cute wallet. I had to cancel my brand new 2-day old credit card (because the number had been stolen the previous week...also sucked!) and found out the person who stole it this time bought some metrocards worth a couple hundred dollars with it and file a police report and meet with a detective. I also had to spend almost three hours in the NYC DMV the next day waiting for a New York State ID which I learned at the third hour doesn't come in the mail for 7-14 days. Fucking three hours of my life I will never get back. Now I am currently without a license or state ID and refuse to take my passport out to a bar. I guess no drinking for me until the ID comes. This is not necessarily a bad thing (I could spare to slow down and also save some money and empty calories), but still soooo annoying to not have photo ID. And I still need to figure out how to get a new Illinois drivers license. Ugh. Still pissed about this.

UPDATE: Got my new credit card in the mail over the weekend and already used it for a new pair of boots for fall. Boom! I had to test it out and make sure it worked. Right?!

4) I got strep throat. For the second time this year. Do 30-year-old's get strep this often? Until this year, I hadn't had it since like high school. And then twice in less than 9 months. Weird. I had started feeling sick at the start of the week and figured it was due to the stress of my wallet being stolen and other things.  I also attributed it to drinking and partying/staying out late very heavily for two nights straight which I never do. Why do I never do it? Because I know my body can't handle it. And guess what, my body didn't handle it well and I got sick. Lesson learned. Again. I am thankful though that there is an urgent care facility near my apartment that has quick walk-ins to see the doctor so I got seen, diagnosed, and got my antibiotics very quickly.

UPDATE: I am feeling much better and even completed a 14-mile run yesterday. I did not run all week because I felt like shit, so to be able to go out there and bang out those miles really helped me get in a better place mentally. 

So all of this happened in a less than a one week span. And I needed to vent and get it off my chest because it all just really angered and upset me. It's not the end of the world and I know there are way worse things in life, but I am still hurt and irritated by it all. Mostly the stolen wallet because not having an ID sucks, but even more so, knowing someone has my identity in their hands is scary to me. The only blessing in this is that my foot (the one I broke last year) had really been bothering me recently so this gave me a good excuse to rest my body and give my foot a rest from running until yesterday. Still, all that happened was a giant bummer, a huge inconvenience and just a general morale defeater. It really hurt my mental game and put me in a funk. I was doing so well this summer trying new things and just generally being positive. I am really trying continue doing so and hoping these bumps in the road, all lumped together won't keep me down because I want to enjoy the last couple of weeks with of my summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment