Friday, August 17, 2012

What's In MY BAG?

Last week I wrote an blog post similar to an article that is published in US Weekly every week. This week I decide to be a biter and follow their cue again, but this time with their "What's in MY BAG?" article. This article asks a celebrity (in this case me, again) what is in their everyday purse. I'm sure its not what's in there every single day, but in general, what do they have in their bag on a normal basis?

I have many purses and rotate them pretty often. But there are quite a few things I transfer each time or have in each bag. But my main bag, my black tote is my everyday bag. So, what's in MY Marc Jacobs tote? So glad you asked.

Never leave home without them.  I always, always, always have Chapstick and my iPhone with me. The thought of not having my Chapstick medicated (light blue tube) just makes my lips dry. I am most def addicted to it. And my other semi-addiction is my phone, obvs. This is a big fat duh. I feel naked without it. I need to know numbers and dates. And have music if I am walking around or taking along train ride. Plus I have games too and a camera if I see something or someone I must take a pic of.


Always be prepared.  I am just your regular walking pharmacy. I carry Tums, Gas-X, immodium, Tylenol and individual butt wipes with me all the time. You just never know when you will be in need. So I am always ready for a headache, tummy-ache, crummy one-ply toilet paper or <gasp>, no TP at all.  NBD. And my friends greatly appreciate my preparedness on this front.

Because you just never know. This is New York City so on any given corner you could see your future husband or a poop-flinging crazy person. It just depends on the minute. Germs/grossness and gorgeousness are always awaiting. So because of that, I always have a pen and hand sanitizer in my bag. What if you touch that sticky substance on the rail of the stairs? So. Gross. You will be glad you have the sanitizer with you. And as a teacher, I almost always have a pen handy. You should too. What if you want to give that hot guy your digits? Or remember something you just need to write down? (Like a crazy blog idea?!)

Always stay hydrated. I always have water or a no-calorie beverage of some sort on hand. It's a definite must. It makes the bag heavier but so worth it. I am super paranoid about staying hydrated and hate being thirsty. Being thirsty is the worst and drinking constantly also keeps me (sometimes) from getting super hungry too.

In a city like New York where you are constantly on the go, never know what you will encounter on a daily (or even hourly) basis, and never know if you will have time to run home or not, you should always have your go-to's with you. Even though there are drug stores or bodegas on every corner, you don't want that hassle and expense if you don't need to, so always be prepared. And if you aren't, at least make sure you are with a friend like me who always is.

No comments:

Post a Comment