Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Thank you. Thank you. You are all too kind.
So today is the one year anniversary for Someone Will Appreciate!!! Can you believe it? Because I kind of can't. This was a project that I had been wanting to take on for a while and then just kind of started it on a whim not knowing if I'd have anything really interesting to say. But apparently I had a ton to say. 171 blog posts worth of stuff to say. Wow. Go me! Apparently I had lots of information and opinions to impart upon all of you. Topics ranging from guys to movies and TV to poop to fashion to just random things that happen to me in NYC or Chicago. It all became fair game for me to write about.

Since I have done this for a year and I love making lists, I thought I'd make a list of my top five posts of the year. These five posts are ones that meant the most to me, ones that I took the most pride in, or ones that I thought were pretty fantastic. (And let me tell you, it was hard to pick just five!) They also may mark something important that happened or affected me greatly. Obviously there are just so many great posts written since I have begun this journey, but If I had to pick my five faves, these would def be it. Go back and read them. You are sure to enjoy them a second time around.

1) RIP Reggie. I miss my Reggie baby everyday and still get teary eyed when I see a Wheaton on the street.

2) My UC. This year was the worst year of my life healthwise and that is because of my THREE Ulcerative flare-ups (and broken foot, and strep twice). My flares were stressful, painful, and straight-up annoying. But I am healthy now and that's all that counts. Thanks Remicade.

3) We're Wilderness girls and its Cookie time. Pretty much my five all-time favorite movies from my childhood. These don't change and even though I own all of them, if they are on TV I will always tune in.

4) This is not your bathroom, kitchen, etc... All about subway (and even bus) etiquette, I often think of topics for this blog because of the morons I see on public transportation every day. People really are crazy, stupid, and tend to lack general common courtesies.

5) Grow the F*** up. This is one about my now-asshole ex-boyfriend and his insecure new fiánce and my rage and annoyance on how he cannot act like an adult in a mature relationship. 

Which posts do you remember most? Did one of them make my list?  Was there one you should have thought have been in the top five that I didn't pick? Were there any that really struck a chord with you or that you could really relate to? Want to guest blog for Someone Will Appreciate? Leave your comments below and/or email me. (I love getting comments, so for future reference, PLEASE comment away!) And if you haven't already liked me on Facebook, stop reading for a sec and do that NOW. If you enjoy reading this blog, do me a solid and spread the word. Everyone should get to benefit from my ever-so-thoughtful/entertaining/amazing blog posts. Duh.

Thanks for reading and supporting me the past year and I hope to make it another successful one. Hopefully this upcoming year of writing will contain less articles about my Ulcerative Colitis problems and more about me finding the man of my dreams and/or experiencing new things that improve my quality of life. Positive thoughts. Holler.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY HAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

    yOU KNOW THE TUNE

    ReplyDelete