Friday, November 11, 2011

"Gimme More" Britney

Every girl has a "girl-crush." That is one girl, usually famous, that you are strangely enamored with. You think she is pretty and/or has great style and/or a great talent...basically you want to be her or be best friends with her. Or if you were a lesbian, you'd want to get it on with her. My girl crush is Britney Spears. Yes, the same Britney Spears that went a little cray cray and shaved her head a few years back. I have loved her since she made her start like ten years ago and have been a fan of hers through all her trials and tribulations. Poor Britney has been through a lot and I have stuck by her side. I am no fair-weather fan.

Although Britney has had numerous looks over the years as she has gotten older, when I think of her, she will forever be etched in my mind as the Britney in the "I'm a Slave For You" video. Everything worked in that video...the song, the choreography, her smoking body, and hair/make-up. That was her in her prime. She was H-O-T.  And let's not forget her famous 2001 MTV VMA performance with the python. I wanted to be her.  The Britney of today has definitely lost a step or two (or ten!) but I still love her no less. Below are my Top 5 songs/music videos of, as my mom would call her, my "non-sexual lover". Britney, I salute you.

1. Hit Me Baby One More Time The song that started it all. Looking at Britney then and seeing her now is like night and day. That's what plastic surgery can do to a young girl. My guess: Boobs and nose.
2. I'm a Slave For U Seriously, she is en fuego in this video. Her choreography is incredible and the whole scenery for this with the heat, sweat, and water is fab. I wish I had her body. She was really at the top of her game here.
3. Toxic I actually watched the Making the Video of this on MTV and saw all the different aspects that went into it. Little jealous she got to ride that motorcycle with Tyson Beckford. Swoon. But I especially like the parts where she is covered in rhinestones. So sexy.
4. Oops!...I Did It Again I still remember the choreography for the chorus of this song. Was not a fan of the red jumpsuit in this one (its too short!), but if anyone can work it, Britney can.
5. You Drive Me Crazy No, no, Britney, you drive me crazy. One of my favorite Britney songs. And good cameos in this one because of the movie Drive Me Crazy. Great teen flick and even better song to go with it.
Could you honestly watch these videos and not sing along? And not just admire her? She may not have the best voice, but girl can work it on the dance floor. Yes its true, the Britney of today can't hold a candle to the Britney of years ago, but she is still a great performer and still holds a top spot in my heart.  But seriously, don't "Hold it Against Me" for loving her, because I will "Till the World Ends."

No comments:

Post a Comment