Friday, November 18, 2011

I. Must. Have. This.

I have said it many times before. I watch a lot of TV. Usually I don't watch it live and fast forward commercials. However, usually Saturday and Sunday mornings I have nothing left on my DVR so I watch live TV.  Since I am an early riser, I usually catch some interesting commercials, especially the infomercials. Now I have never ordered off one of these before, but they are always so tempting. I mean, who didn't want a Ginsu knife back in the day? They freaking cut cans!

Walgreens now even has a "As Seen on TV" section and there is as "As Seen on TV" store at one of the Flea Markets in Boca Raton where you can buy this stuff. (I will admit I bought the Perfect Pancake from Walgreens....and a Snuggie. Okay, and Bump-It which I later returned because it didn't work. Shocking.) Infomercials are also just like a live version of SkyMall magazine on airplanes and everything looks so awesome. Who orders from that magazine anyway? Besides Barney Stinson, that is.

Anyway, there are some infomercials that are straight-up ridiculous and some that are seriously awesome. And then there are straight-up-ridiculously-awesome infomercials, like the ones I've listed below. These are ones that I find so mind-blowing, that I seriously considered ordering even though I totally have no use or space for them. Good thing I have a little self-control.

1. Forever Lazy My new favorite. This new lounge gear might give the Snuggie some competition. They are like feetsie pajamas without the feet. Game on.

2. Pajama Jeans. Why yes, I love stylish sexy jeans AND comfy pajama bottoms. So apparently this is just up my alley. However, these look like they'd be unflattering on everyone and I would never actually wear them in public, but I love the concept. But are they really actually different from jeggings (which I do own!)?

3. Flex Seal. I don't own a home nor do I have anything that needs to be repaired. But for some reason, I find that I need this in my life. This commercial was that convincing. I mean, it's a handy man in a can. What can be bad? I want to experiment on so many things with it.
 
4. Swivel Store Organizer. I only have like 6 spices in my kitchen so this is totally unnecessary for me, but I really want it. I love organizational tools. They make everything look so tidy. What I do find hard to believe about this product though is the fact that its super easy to set up.


5. Slushy Magic. I just recently saw this and it looks pretty incredible. I love slushies, smoothies, milkshakes...basically most things blended. If I could make most of my beverages that way (think Four Loko slushie!!), it would be pretty awesome. This product seems to do the trick. I. Must. Have. This.
All of these are pretty awesome and there is so much more out there that I would love to buy (Shake Weight, anyone?). If I had unlimited funding and space, I feel I would probably own a lot of these things plus SkyMall stuff too. They are just so darn convincing in these infomercials. I mean, everything looks so life-changing. But do they really work and do as promised? I guess there's only way to find out.... Pick up that phone and of course you will get yours for a very special price. And if there is buy one, get one free, you know I call dibs on the second one!

1 comment:

  1. So do you want to go in on a pair of Pajama Jeans with me? You can keep the free stylish white v-neck tee if you let us ship to your house. Infomercials man, they get me too.

    ReplyDelete