Friday, October 7, 2011

Bye, Bye, Bye Boy Bands

"You are my fire. My one desire." Oh BSB, you stole my heart many years ago. You were one of my favorite boy bands in a time where there were so many to choose from. Boy bands were an interesting fad. Some people loved them. Some hated them. And some just loved to hate them. They were so late nineties, early 2000's and I loved every second of it.

These boys were adorable. They could sing. And they could dance. Such a triple threat. And they made girls my age swoon. I never understood those girls that broke out into tears when they went to a concert and saw their favorite band. I was a fan, but not a psycho. I did go to two Backstreet Boys concerts and one N'Sync concert and remember singing my little heart out to all their songs. I have a ton of their songs on my iPod today and even know some of the choreography still! So lame. And by lame, I mean awesome.

The most popular boy bands of my time will never lose a place in my heart. Below, in all their glory are my favorite music videos from each of the popular boy bands of our time.

New Kids on the Block One of the first to really hit the scene. They became popular when I was in elementary school. I was a Joey girl. Some of my friends liked Jordan the best, but I stuck with Joey. He was just so damn adorable.

98 Degrees Oh, the Lachey brothers (Nick was always my fave) and then Jeff Timmons (who is now in a Chippendale's show) and the other one.

 Backstreet Boys OMG, swoon. This song and video still make me sing my heart out.
 
N'Sync Justin is still at it and hotter than ever. He was my favorite back then and I am still a fan today.

LFO When people still thought Abercrombie was popular. Ugh. RIP Rich Cronin.

O-Town One of MTV's first Making The Band groups. Reality TV, nice looking dudes, and music. I was sold. They didn't make it big enough to get a real music video though.

And one of my favorites was MTV's spoof movie about the boy band movie 2gether. Their songs were catchy and I actually couldn't stop singing one. "You....Plus sign. Me...Equal sign. Us."
So what was your favorite boy band? Could you sing along to these songs? Did it all come back to you? In a time where Bieber Fever has taken over, its good to look back and see a whole group of heart throbs perform as one. And if these videos weren't enough for you, check out this incredible link for the 52 reasons why boy bands were better in the 90's. Looking at these, I am confused as to why I was so enamored with these guys. But it was a different time back then. A different time indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment