Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Can I still do that?

I am in severe denial. These are my last few months in my twenties and I can't handle it. I really don't see myself as being an almost 30 year old.  I can't be that old. No way. This year has been one of the most fun years of my life. However as I seem to get older, I have kinda, sorta began to regress with some of my behaviors. I have no real issues with it, but apparently I should be maturing with age, not going backwards. So as I continue to get older, I ask myself:  "What behaviors will no long be appropriate when I am 30?"

When I am 30 is it still acceptable to... 
1) Puke and rally?
2) Throw up in general after a night of drinking?
3) Tell people I am 25?
4) Still drunk dial my crush at 3 am to "hang out"?
5) To dance on the bar?
6) To fill a water bottle with booze for the subway ride downtown on a night out?
7) To still go on a "woo-hoo" spring break?
8) Call my mommy crying when I am frustrated?
9) To call my mom "mommy"?
10) Have my mom call someone and pretend to be me because I am not sure how to handle a situation and she does?
11) Make-out with the random in the bar?
12) Make-out with the bouncer at the bar?
13) Watch Gossip Girl/90210/One Tree Hill or any other CW show meant for teenagers?
14) Watch new seasons of the Real World even though the cast is like 10 years younger than me?
15) Drunkenly public urinate because I just can't make it home and really, really have to pee?

I am not saying that I still do all of these things (well, maybe...), but whether I am turning 30, 40, or even 50, there are some behaviors that I do not think I will ever be to old to do. They are just a part of me and yes, they may be immature or inappropriate for someone my age, but I have accepted them, so you should to.

2 comments:

  1. Honey, some of the things on your list were never acceptable, and I refuse to believe a lady like you has ever partaken in them. Saying that, here are the answers to your appropriateness question:

    1) No
    2) Only once in a great while
    3) No, say 27
    4) No, just call him and tell him you want penetration
    5) Yes, but not for much longer
    6) Always acceptable
    7) Yes, ma’am, and this is the only instance you may tell someone you are 22
    8) You can always call her, no matter how old you are
    9) She will always be your mommy, but it may be time to call her mom
    10) No, grow up
    11) As long as you are single
    12) Same as #11, unless it’s a bar you frequent, then it’s time to stop this behavior
    13) Ugh, no
    14) That show is still on? No, this is not acceptable. HOWEVER, you may watch the challenges because some of the older guys are your age and are gorgeous
    15) At least go behind a car, please

    ReplyDelete