Tuesday, October 18, 2011

See You Next Tuesday

I'll admit it. I have a terrible potty mouth. I curse like a sailor and use bad words quite frequently. (And if I don't use bad words, I usually talk quite inappropriately about vulgar topics.) I have to hold it all in all day because I work with children (most of whom have worse mouths than I do, but I still have to be the adult). So when I get out of the classroom, I might have some built up frustration that I wasn't able to properly voice the way I had wanted so I let it loose. Nobody ever thinks I have Tourette's or anything, but I might overuse some choice words. Sometimes people are offended by my language, but I think they are just prudes.  If you don't want to hear it, earmuffs.

I am a highly educated woman, but sometimes in order to get my point across, I feel it necessary to just throw in a "fuck", "shit", or "twat."  I also know that there are certain times and places where these words are absolutely inappropriate and I refrain using them.  There are also some words that I save for very special occasions out of rage and anger. One in particular that I feel is very powerful: The "C You Next Tuesday Word". That's right, I said it: Cunt.  If I use this word about you or call it your face, you better believe I am pissed and that you most certainly deserve it. This world is vulgar.  It's disgusting. But it is oh so awesome and powerful. And it is sometimes just the best word to describe someone who you are angry at. It's also one of the few curse words that is not overused like the others because it seems to hold such a strong connotation. When I hear someone else use it, I know that they really are pissed.

There is a scene in the movie Bridesmaids where Kristen Wiig's character is arguing with a teenage girl in her store and calls her a cunt. I was so shocked it came out of her mouth (and to a teenager no less), and with perfect tone and timing that I found that to be one of the funniest scenes in the entire movie. I am sure there are others who found it completely the opposite, but they probably didn't like much of the movie anyway.

Personally, I rarely use the c-word because there are such extreme circumstances where it is necessary. I want it to maintain its power so I must be careful. One time a grad school professor overheard me talking about her and I used that word to describe her. Needless to say, that was the only B that I ever got in grad school. And although me calling her a cunt was totally deserving because the way she was treating me and some of my classmates, my B was not deserved. And yes, I am still bitter about it.

The only person that has called me the c-word to my face is my brother, but I don't take anything that comes out of that kid's mouth serious anyway. He throws around swear words like its his job so I take it with a grain of salt. I am sure I have been called it behind my back by others, and it was probably well-deserved, but I would most definitely have to reevaluate myself if I was called that for good reason to my face.

So once again, let me clarify: Cunt is a very bad word. Such a bad word that it such a great word. However, make sure and save it for a time where it really matters because, believe me, it will serve its purpose and will make you feel a million times better.

No comments:

Post a Comment