Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Drool.

I was reading the internet today and checking my Instagram and Facebook feeds, like I do every day, multiple times a day, and randomly came across a number of new foods just recently released and in stores already or are coming out very shortly. It seemed like every other thing I was seeing online today was about food. I usually notice this kind of stuff when I'm starving, but this time, it was just so odd that I kept seeing food. New stuff coming out. Re-releases of old favorites. And everything looked pretty damn good. And of course pretty much all of what I saw is loaded with sugar and fat. Naturally. Drool.

Almost everything I read about is junk food and high in fat and/or sugar, but I can't get fat from just reading about these foods, can I? Nah. It's when I start buying and then eating this shit is when the real problem begins. I rarely, if ever keep junk food in my house because I don't trust myself and if I do buy it, it's usually gone in a day or two and then I won't ever buy it again because I clearly can't control myself. I know my weaknesses and food is one of them so why even bother buying this shit in the first place. But I can write about it, right? Maybe someone else will try it and just tell me these things suck and not to waste my time. Doubtful. But anyway, here are some of the things that caught my eye today.

1) Red Velvet Oreos. Yeah, you read that right: Red. Velvet. Oreos. Sounds incredible, right? Regular Oreos are the shit and red velvet cake is the bomb so hopefully this upcoming new Oreo flavor will be amazing. It has to be, right? The only time I ever eat Oreos is if I steal one (read: politely ask for one) from a student or sneak a taste while making my special Chocolate Orgasm Balls. With this new flavor out, I may just have to make Red Velvet Orgasm balls. With this special edition cream cheese filling along with the cream cheese in the recipe, these could be a total homerun. I just may have to do it.

2) Bacon Jam. MMMMmmmm. Bacon. Bacon makes everything
better. AmIRight? Of course I am. Fact: Bacon makes everything better. And when you don't have to cook that bacon and can just spread it on toast or a sandwich, that just makes life so much easier. This stuff seems better than Baconnaise which people seem to love. I kinda, sorta, definitely feel I would just eat this by the spoonful. Yum.
 
3) PB&J Poptarts. I can't remember the last time I actually had a PopTart, but when I did, it was either frosted strawberry, cinnamon sugar, or s'mores. Since the days of PopTart eating (i.e high school most likely), I know there are a ton of other new flavors out there (Cake batter!! Cookie dough!!) that weren't around when I was a kid. They all look so good. And this new one looks pretty damn good too. I love PB and J so having this in a portable PopTart is probably super delish. And I bet its just as good untoasted as it is toasted.

4) Crispy M&M's. This is a re-release so not new to everyone, but these
relatively lower-calorie M&M's are back and they are damn good. I actually bought these over the weekend when I saw them at a deli and could not resist the impulse buy. They did not disappoint. They were crunchy and chocolately and light. I really enjoyed them as a snack. When pretzel M&M's hit the scene a few years ago and were only 150 calories a bag, I was in heaven. These bad boys are 180 and are just as good, but in a little bit of a different way that's hard to explain. (I guess that's why I'm not a food blogger. One of the many reasons.)

Have you tried any of these? Did any of them catch your eye too? Which one are you most excited to try? Okay, so I have already tried one of the things on the list and I bought it portioned controlled so it worked out just fine for me. But seriously, in one day, this is was all brought to my attention none of them on food blogs. It must be a sign. Not really, I will keep my eyes out for these!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment