Friday, June 22, 2012

I Can't Get Over It

I know at 30 and being single still, people always ask why. I mean I am clearly a catch and the fact that I still remain single is just a big mystery. Huge. Well I am going to let you in on a little secret: I am overly picky. Some may say shallow. Some might say superficial. And I am not saying they are wrong. I can be picky. I can be shallow. There are just certain things that I notice that I cannot get over when I meet a guy. I mean maybe if the guy was super amazing, I'd be able to get over it, but that hasn't happened yet. I am hoping that if it is someone I like enough, I will see past it to the point where I don't even notice it anymore. As I am trying to be more open minded, there are some things I just can't get over. Sorry. When a guy has one of the traits below, it it just pops out at me over and over again and it can't be ignored.

I don't think this would work either.
1) A bad name. I know this is totally out of the guy's control and we should all blame his parents for this, but whatever it may be, a bad name is a turn off. Geraldo, Alfonso, Gene, etc... I feel like guys my age shouldn't have names like that. They are more for the older generation. If I am embarrassed to say your name outloud, how can I introduce you to people without laughing and/or cringing? This is going to be a huge problem.

I wish I could get over this, but I can't. I once went on a date with guy named Boris. I never addressed him by name. In the two dates and few conversations via text we had, I never once called him by his name. I avoided it like the plague and was embarrassed to say it out loud to my friends.


Big. Fat. No.
2) Mandals. I have mentioned mandals on this site quite a few times, but really, they are disgusting. Who in their right mind thinks these are attractive? I don't care how comfy they are, if you want to wear sandals, get a pair of flip flops. Reefs. Havianas. Rainbows. Whatever. But no leather, strappy sandals. And please no Teva's either.

3) Small hands. You know what they say, small hands...small gloves. Ha! But you know what I am getting at. And usually this is true. There is something about a guy that has small hands that really turns me off. One of the first things I look at when I meet a guy is his hands. And I always, always, always think of this Burger King commercial and laugh to myself. My friends know now about my small hands thing and have taken to looking at guy's hands as well. And we even have a special hand signal we do to each other when we notice it. Really, we are hilarious.


Trim/Wax that shit.
4) Excessive chest hair coming out of your shirt (or visible back hair I can see above your collar in the back). Yuck. This can easily be maintained and is just so unattractive. Why is it peeking out of shirt? And from both sides? I can't handle it. Like the thought of running my fingers through that is just plain nasty. And if this is just what I can see, I don't think I want to see any more. It gives me the heeby-geebies. Ok, enough discussion on this. Just know that I do not like it. At all.

So sorry.
5) Neck and Hand Tattoos. Now I love tattoos as much as the next girl, but I have my limits. In fact I find most of tattoos incredibly sexy. Like a full arm sleeve tattoo...dayum. But if you are in formal wear, no tattoos should ever be seen. Sorry. (Plus I know my parents would not be too thrilled if I brought someone home those types of tattoos.)

Once again, I am working on being more open-minded. This does not, however, mean I am lowering my standards one bit. I deserve the best and I will not settle for anything less. Many of the traits above can be controlled and/or changed actually so it may not even be too big of a problem if I can get past it the first time we meet. And if I did meet someone that I really felt a spark with with the above traits, I would really try and get over it. I myself am obviously not perfect and I know this so I am trying to not be so judgemental. Work. In. Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment