Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Take me out to the ball game...

I am a huge sports fan. Always have been and always will be. I love both playing and watching sports. I am super athletic and grew up playing all sorts of sports.  And doing it well if I must say so myself. Also, growing up, my brother wasn't really into sports so my dad and I would watch many games together. Bulls. Bears. Illini. YES! I was the son he never had in that sense. Until of course, my brother actually became interested in watching games with him also.

Since I love watching sports so much, I rarely turn down the opportunity of going to a game live. Whether it's football, basketball or baseball, going to a collegiate or professional sporting event is such a blast. I don't go that often, but when I do, I like to take it all in. The people. The food (and the beer). The athletes themselves. And the actual competition. There are just so many great things about going to a sporting event.


Things I LOVE about going to sporting events:
1) Junk food and beer. Pretty much the only time when I will eat hotdog is at a baseball game. I really don't like them but at a ballpark (and with plenty of ketchup) they taste pretty good. Its the ambiance that enhances the taste. And there is nothing like having an ice cold beer in your hand while cheering on your team. And you know what, throw in some nachos too. And some popcorn. Ha! (And if I am Citi Field, you best believe I will have some Shake Shack too!)

2) TONS of cute guys, clearly with similar interests such as being a fan of this team. Sporting events are meat-market. And I love it. So many guys look so great in their casual clothes and a baseball hat. They are just out there enjoying themselves and in their element. I love it. And we clearly have something in common by being here together. Let's make the magic happen in the stands and not on the field/court. Catch my drift?

3) Seeing the different stadiums. I love seeing different athletic stadiums and arenas. Baseball, football, basketball. Even tennis. Have you ever been to the U.S Open grounds? Pretty awesome. All these stadiums and arenas are all so different and have things that are unique to them. Some are old and have so much history (Fenway and Wrigley!!) and some are brand new with all kinds of cool stuff to attract the fans. Each place has its own personality. And so do it's local fans. It's just so fun to see. 

Honorable mention: If I am close enough to the court/field, seeing the actual athletes so close-up is just plain heaven to me. Have I ever mentioned I have a strong attraction to athletes? Um, yes, I have.  Especially when they are doing their thing on the field/court and you can see them sweating. So. Hot. Or at a football game and they are wearing the white pants and you can see their tight asses. So sexy. I like to hear them cursing and yelling at each other too. Yes!

Things that annoy me at a sporting event:
1) People that wear jerseys of teams not playing. This is one of my biggest pet peeves about attending a professional sporting event. If you are going to a Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks game, why are you wearing a Miami jersey? It makes no sense. I don't care if you are a Lebron fan, he isn't here playing. Wear something else. Either pick one of these teams to root for and support them by wearing some paraphernalia from their team or wear a regular outfit.

2) Girls totally dressed up like its a Saturday night out. I get that a sports game is a place with a higher men-women ratio, but relax yourself ladies. Guys can tell if you try to hard at these things. You don't need to have your hair curled, a full-face of make-up, and high heels on. You will wreak of desperation. Go the casual-cute route. Wear a jersey (but NOT a pink one) and some jeans and call it a day. 

3) People that literally yell at the athletes. Hey buddy, guess what? They can't hear you from row 300, seat 12. Stop yelling at them. I get the cheering and even some booing, but yelling and screaming at the actual athletes from so far away is pointless. 

Honorable mention: Not being able to see the yellow first down line when at a football game live. That's one great advantage by watching football on TV.

Obviously all the pros outweigh the cons in going to a sporting event (unless of course its rainy, brutally cold, or brutally hot) so its always worth going. It's always a fun time and one everyone should get to experience. So if someone asks you to go to a game, take advantage and give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment