Monday, December 19, 2011

Jersey Chasing

A jersey chaser is someone who often is attracted to and goes after athletes romantically. Kim Kardashian would be a fine example of this. And perhaps some of the women on VH1's Basketball Wives and Baseball Wives. Some of these women actually married the athletes, some were engaged to them, some are simply baby mamas, and some just dated the guys. Regardless who they are, these women have one thing in common with me: We are attracted to athletes. I however, am not in it for the money. I am not saying all of these women are gold diggers, but some of them go for the athletes for their bank accounts. I on the other hand, love their bodies and their athletic ability. The bank accounts of the professional athletes just happen to be a bonus if you snag one. To me, their athleticism is so sexy and even the ugliest player who has such fantastic talents, especially on the basketball court or football field, becomes attractive. I don't know what it is about them. Maybe its the pheromones they emit when they sweat that draws me in. Mmmmm.

I have always been attracted to the athletes for as long as I can remember. Part of it is because that sports, playing and watching, were and are such a big part of my life. But I think the fact that many athletes usually have ridiculously smokin' bodies helps.

I know I will never land an professional athlete, and I am totally okay with that because they would probably cheat on me anyway. I mean, how many professional athletes are actually faithful to their wives. Paging Kobe. Paging Tiger. I couldn't deal with that. With all the road trips, groupies, and temptation, who could really blame them? Disgusting yes, but they have their pick of the litter every single night. You'd think they'd have self-control and/or a conscience, but most of them have been handed so many things their whole life, have never heard "No," and rarely received consequences for their actions because of their phenomenal talents. They often feel almost invincible.

Lets say that we lived in a magical world where I could actually land myself a professional athlete and I could have my pick at some of the world's most talented and attractice, who would I date? Well take a lookey...

1) Reggie Bush. I know he is Kimmy's sloppy seconds, but she does have good taste in men. I'll give her that one. He is straight up gorge.


 2) Chad Ochocinco. The man is certifiably insane, but is sexy as hell. He is pretty immature but has a good sense of humor and a great sense of style.
3) Braylon Edwards. Um, hello sexy. Look into the camera. Dayum. Your looks make me forgive you for going to Michigan.
4) Cam Newton. Well hi there Rookie. Welcome to the big leagues. Cam can def hang with the big boys in the looks department. Smokin' hot.
5) Derrick Rose. I can't forget my hometown hottie, Chicago Bull D. Rose. The NBA's current MVP is one fine lookin' dude. He has very unique eyes and the tats are sexy as hell.

The usual studs of David Beckham, Jason Taylor, and Derek Jeter didn't make my list. They just don't do it for me. And hotties Tom Brady and Mark Sanchez are okay in my book. I wouldn't kick either one of them out of out of bed, but you can tell I certainly have a type. Even though a man in uniform is so attractive and makes someone instantly hotter, when these guys get in their street clothes or GQ it up, they are simply en fuego. Obviously, even if I actually lived in a dream world and was dating one of them, I would be so insecure that they were cheating on me, I would become insane. I am better off this way. I'll stick with the amateurs. And laugh at the stupidity of these professional athletes' wives who are so shocked when they find out their husband has cheated on them. Hope you didn't sign a pre-nup ladies.

5 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. I don't know Cam Newton but hooolllllaaaa. Such a cutie.I think your athlete digging ways are rubbing off on me. Does this mean we are spending too much time together? Nawwww. But maybe this means I have to start paying attention to the games we watch when we go to bars to watch them? Nawwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally and respectfully disagree Erin! Glad we aren't competing for the same guys! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clint Dempsey

    http://footballersgoal.blogspot.com/2011/04/clint-dempsey.html

    -Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am disagreeing again. If I need to go on the lighter skin side I would go with the Mets' David Wright. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete