Friday, December 16, 2011

'Tis the Season

'Tis the season of holiday music. And I am a fan of it. I mean, who isn't? Right? While some people cringe when they hear Christmas music on the radio, especially before Thanksgiving, I get kind of excited. There are a few holiday songs that I can listen to over and over again, and even have on my iPod. When I have it on shuffle, and they come on at a random time during the year, I still listen to them. Most of these songs aren't exactly classics but they get me excited for the the holidays and give me thoughts of sitting around in my sweats on my parent's couch and just relaxing. Aaaahh. In no particular order, below are five of my favorite songs of the holidays.

1. Mariah Carey,"All I want for Christmas" I could listen to this song all year long. Mariah has a killer voice and this song reminds me of when she was a star and not so cray-cray.
2. Britney Spears ,"My Only Wish"  Not only is she my girl-crush, but girl can rock a Christmas song like no one else. I heart you Brit Brit.

3. N'Sync "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays" These boys know how to churn out hits, and this is no exception. They even say Happy Holidays so they are technically talking about all holidays this time of year, not just Christmas. Am I right or what? Ha, who are we kidding. But whatever it is, thanks for being semi-inclusive gentlemen.

4. Adam Sandler, "The Hannukah Song." Finally a song for the Jews. About Jews. By a Jew. Even though I am not a huge Sandler fan, I do enjoy this ditty.

5. SNL "Carol of Intimacy"This song comes from an SNL skit many, many years ago and is a spoof of a real Christmas song that I really enjoy. It just makes me laugh out loud too because whenever I hear the real version I think of Dana Carvery and never sing the real words.
 
Once again, these are obviously not "Classic" holiday songs, but these are the ones that put me in the best mood around holiday time.  Everyone has their favorites and these are mine. They instantly can bring a smile to my face and extra skip in my step in a very hectic and stressful time of year. 

1 comment:

  1. What no Carpenters?????? They are classic!!!!

    ReplyDelete