Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Shit" is funny

A new trend in viral videos has hit the web and they are, in a word: Hilarious. It all started with a Twitter account @shitgirlssay that became so popular that the writers decided to create a web series with the ever so clever name "Shit Girls Say." You must live in a bubble if you haven't seen this video yet because it was all over the place last week and guess what, I couldn't stop watching it. Over and over again. And every single time I saw it, I laughed out loud. It's just so spot-on, you can't help but see a little bit of yourself somewhere in this video. I mean, how many times have we said these things and acted this way? It's so wrong, its right.
This video became such a hit that many parodies were instantly created. Some of them were pretty fantastic as well and had me rolling. These include:

"Shit Gays Say" I didn't need this video to tell me that many things gay guys say could easily come out of my mouth at any given moment. "Ex-squeeze me" but this is pretty damn funny.
"Shit Black Girls Say" Once again, even though I am a white girl, I easily have said 90% of these things. "Beeetch", you know its true. And if you don't find it funny, you can "Pack your Playstation and get out." Amaze.
 And the newest addition "Shit Girls Say-Episode 2".  Might be funnier than the first. Can't. Stop. Watching. And laughing.

 These are "So good, right?" Obviously made to poke fun at everyone equally, they really magnify stereotypes we make. And give humor to them. And funny as these are, they (all of them!!) do make me stop and think "Gee, do I really sound like this?" And unfortunately, I think the answer may be yes. And do I care? Nope.

1 comment:

  1. "That's my soooonnnggg" um. that's me right? yep. tears rolling down my cheeks. "That dog looks like he needs water." ugh girls are silly.

    ReplyDelete