Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Real Creepsters of Housewives

After making my list of my favorite men of the Real Housewives, I decided that I needed to make a follow-up list of the biggest creepsters of the Real Housewives. These are the men that should not be filmed at all and just plain creep me out. Whenever they come on the screen, I just want reach in and smack them half the time. I wonder what their family members and those close to them really think of them because I certainly do not believe they are just getting a "bad edit."

1. Mario Singer. (New York) Ramona's husband must be a patient man to deal with her crazy eyes and all, but he gives off a definite serial killer vibe. Its this look in his eye and his strange grin that gives me the shivers whenever I see him. He and Ramona live near me, so I have seen them both on more than one occasion and seeing him in person does not clear up this vibe at all. Creep central.
 
2. Jim Bellino (Orange County) There is a reason that Jim asked not to be filmed for season two: He didn't like the way he was being portrayed. However, I do not think this was just a bad edit. I really think Jim is an arrogant, controlling man and didn't want it to be made public. The real scary thing about that is Alexis seems to be okay with the way he treats her. It was "Jesus Barbie" herself who actually said that Jim was "her king." If that is how someone's marriage functions, then that is certainly not normal. Additionally, the fact that he refuses to let his wife spend a night away from home further shows his controlling and insecure ways. Ugh. So unhealthy and so gross.

3. Ryan Vieth (Orange County) As the son of Tamra Barney, Ryan doesn't get that much screen time, but when he does, it makes me cringe. He is certainly a Creepy McCreeperton. Its obvious he loves the camera, but ew, I don't think many viewers agree. He is not attractive at all and just gives off this "I am eyeing you like a piece of meat" vibe to everyone. One of the blogs I read even goes as far as calling him "Rapey eyes." And I can't disagree with that especially because of whole fiasco when he tried to take advantage of a "naked wasted" Gretchen. (Note, his picture is a mugshot proving what an asshat he really is.)

4. Simon VanCamp (New York) The other half of Silex, Simon and his wife Alex always annoyed me from the minute they were on my TV.  Social climbing at its finest. I have never seen a couple pretend to be something they are not on a non-scripted drama as much as these two did. It was so pathetic. And kinda sad. What makes matters worse was that Simon was more of a fame-whore than Alex. He would try and drum up drama that wasn't there and would get involved in the ladies' business. Additionally, Simon even tried to come out with his own music video and promote that. Eeeeewwww. And don't even get me started with his wardrobe. I mean, red leather pants. Bleh. 

5. Slade Smiley (Orange County) This man has dated THREE housewives. THREE. I mean, really Slade? Who are you fooling? You wanted on the series and you wanted staying power and you'll take it however you can get it. First Jo, then Laurie, and now Gretchen. The other OC ladies joke about his man-whoring ways and he loves every second of it. The man is a sleaze. On camera and off, Slade creates drama for himself and just paints himself so unlikeable. Yet, season after season, there he is. Bravo, stop filming this douche. 

I totally just realized that all five of these guys come from two of the many Housewives seasons, New York and Orange County. Seems like them grow 'em super creepy there. Whatever the case may be, I think all of these guys would love to star in their own reality shows, but they are just so unlikeable on their own that it will never happen. Why they are even on our screens season after season continues to baffles me. Well not really. They bring drama and controversy and that brings ratings. They know exactly what they are doing and even though I continue to watch, I don't have to like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment