Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Real Men of 'Housewives'

I fully admit to watching ALL of Bravo's Real Housewives of whatever. Every season of every location. Orange County. Atlanta. New York. New Jersey. Beverly Hills. Even DC and Miami. I watch them all. While everyone is so focused on the women of these shows, I'd like to spotlight the manly men who also appear onscreen. The men that sometimes steal the attention away from the stars of the shows and deserve to be appreciated on their own! So here's to them...

1. Ken Todd (Beverly Hills). This is Lisa Vanderpump's husband and all-around sweetheart. Ken really seems to go with the flow as he shuffles around the house and at parties. Him and Lisa have been married a very long time and really seem like they are in love (despite her claim they only have sex twice a year.) They work together and still manage to want to spend time together. He is simply adorable (the accent and the way he loves Giggy doesn't hurt either).

2. Christopher Manzo (New Jersey). Caroline Manzo's younger son, Chris is often overlooked for the seemingly favored Albie, but I think he's the one to look out for. Chris's sense of humor cracks me up and he really seems like a normal guy. Additionally, the way the Manzo family interacts with each other always reminds me of the way my family is with each other and I enjoy watching their family time together (minus the Ham Game). All the jokes, the closeness, and the love are great. Chris, I am not too far away. Holler at your girl homey.

3. Bobby Zarin (New York). "Bawby," as we've affectionately known him to be called by his Long Island-born wife, Jill Zarin is a doting husband. Bobby seems to love Jill so much, thorns and all. He also really steps up and defends his wife when necessary. She doesn't look like the easiest person to live with, but he really seems to bend over backwards for her. I also love that he cares so much for Allie, who isn't biologically his, but really tried to grow their relationship.


4. Donn Gunvalson (Orange County). Although just recently divorced form Vicki Gunvalson, I always liked Donn. He seemed like a down-to-earth and fun guy to be around, except Vicki really didn't seem to notice that at all. And if she did, she certainly didn't appreciate it at all. Donn was a very patient man dealing with a very nutty (yet loveable (in my opinion)) woman. Also, similarly to Bobby Zarin, he really loved Vicki's kids as his own. I wish you the best Donn, and will miss you this upcoming season.

5. Paul Nassif (Beverly Hills). My second BH husband of the litter. Paul is married to the super successful and wealthy Adrienne Maloof. He himself is a very successful plastic surgeon but is such a puppy dog around Adrienne that its so endearing. She is a very strong and independent woman who often doesn't seem to appreciate Paul. For all the crap she gives him, he is a good sport about it and really seems to love his wife no matter how much she tries to fight it.

Although these men aren't the main players on their respective shows, whenever they come on screen, they seem to steal the show. Most of these guys probably just appear on the show because they have to and really love their "Housewives." I can only hope that we continue to see more of them week after week.

2 comments:

  1. If I ever see Chris out in Hoboken, I'll slip him your number... I got your back girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that he's a highlight, he is in fact insane and quite a character in his own right --> Simon

    ReplyDelete