Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Schoolin' You

Deuces bitches!!
I have worked in the NYC public school system for quite a few years now. In that time, not only have I taught countless teenagers, but they have taught me as well. It sounds cliche´ when you hear from teachers not only teach the students but learn from them as well. It's so very Dangerous Minds, and I am Michelle Pfeiffer. Obvs. Well, this isn't going to be a sappy blog about how their stories and our interactions have changed me. This is going to be about some of the vocabulary that they have taught me over the years that I have continued to impress upon my friends that don't work in the school system. Not only have my students increased my vocab with such a wide range of new verbs, nouns, and adjectives, but they have upped my street cred incredibly by doing so.

Because my students taught me so much, I only felt it necessary for me to pass on some of my knowledge to you. This is what I consider the white girl's guide to urban youth vocabulary and I am gonna school you in it...



mad (adj.)- very   Ex) Yo, that chick is mad fine.

brick (adj)- cold   Ex) It's mad brick outside right now. I need my Marm

ODee-ing (v)- going overboard  Ex) My science teacher is ODee-ing with the homework. We get it every single night.

cuffin' (v)- having sex  Ex) Did you hear that Jenny and Jamal are cuffin'? It's been going on for weeks.

layed the pipe (v) - had sex   Ex) Man, I am tired. I layed the pipe wit that bitch all night long.

beastin' (v.) overreating   Ex) Why you beastin' Ma? Relax, yo.

deuces (n) - goodbye. Ex) Deuces bitches! (while flashing a peace sign like image sideways with your fingers)

the cake (n)- a nice, big butt.   Ex) You see that chick over there in the tight black pants? She got the cake. I'm gonna hit that.

suckin' mine (v.) -in someone else's business   Ex) Why you suckin' mine? Get the fuck away from me and mind your damn business.

dead-ass (adv.)- seriously?  Ex) We dead-ass have a three day weekend? Awesome!

tight (adj.)- upset/mad  Ex) I was mad tight that I failed that test yo. I actually studied this time.

biter (n.) - copycat  Ex) That bitch is wearing the same sneakers as me. She is such a biter.

I hope I have enlightened you with these new words and their definitions. Make yourself a deal and try to incorporate at least one into your everyday conversations each day this week. You will absolutely blow people away with your newfound knowledge. And who knows, maybe these words will spread like wildfire in the yuppy circles. Deuces bitches!!

1 comment:

  1. I used deuces yesterday and it did not get any positive response the amazing slang usage. Perhaps i will try another today!

    ReplyDelete