Friday, January 13, 2012

Whippin' Out All the Moves

Do you ever hear those songs that make you just want break out into the running man (or even the roger rabbit)? No, me either. Ha. Please. Who am I kidding!! There are so many songs that make me just want to break out my best 90's dance moves and shake it all night long. The sprinkler? Done. The lawnmower? Piece of cake. The Shopping cart. I dominate that shit. I can go all night long with these sweet moves without getting tired. That's because some of the dance songs of the 90's are classic hits that will never die to me. They are the tunes that I use to get break it down to at school dances and bar and bat mitzvahs. I even have these songs on a special "Dance Cardio" playlist on my iPod. No joke. These songs can instantly transform me from tired to energetic because of their beat and rhythm.  When I hear them, I will just whip out all my best moves and let loose. They don't make 'em like this anymore.

1. Real McCoy, "Another Night."This is a fantastic dance song for the electric slide. What a beat!

2. Real McCoy, "Runaway." If you thought Real McCoy was a one-hit wonder, think again. Because they struck gold twice with this and "Another Night." Jackpot.

3. Ace of Base, "Beautiful Life." This songs always makes me thing of the SNL skit/movie Night at the Roxbury and gets my shoulders shrugging. Good times.

4. Le Click, "Call Me." My pace picks up immediately when running or on the elliptical the second this jam comes on. Loves it.


5. Quad City DJ's, "C'mon Ride the Train." Want a congo line to really get the party warmed up? Play this song. There won't be anyone sitting within a minute.

Honorable Mentions: Amber "This is Your Night,"  Marky Mark "Good Vibrations," LaBouche "Be My Lover," Reality "Yolanda."

Seriously, songs like these can't be replicated. Yes, there are great dance songs that are constantly being made, but these classics will always have a place in my heart. And try to stop me from breaking out into the running man when one of them comes on. Just try.

No comments:

Post a Comment