Friday, January 20, 2012

"One for All, All for Poop"

Pooping is something very personal. Usually people like to poop with a home-court advantage. That is, in the privacy of their own home. However, things don't always work out that way and you have to poop in a public place. Whether its just a regular poop or explosive diarrhea (I have been in both situations many-a-times), you are still very self-conscious that there are other people in the bathroom. And guess what, they might be pooping too (or not). To quote a fantastic article I read from Thought Catalog, "Go for it. Poop your heart out. Poop like there’s no tomorrow. Poop like nobody’s watching. I mean that. I don’t care if it’s the biggest poop in the history of poops, I promise I won’t think badly of you." And that's the truth. We all know what its like to be on both sides of the stall so to speak, so really, why is it so embarrassing? Pooping is normal. Remember, everybody poops. However, there are times where your poops are so super-duper that you really don't want anyone around and that's understandable as well. Maybe they are worse than the scenes below, (probably not as dramatic), but hey, we've all been there...

Harold And Kumar This scene has two "hot" girls in the bathroom while Harold and Kumar are secretly in there listening. Both girls decide to take a dump and play a friendly game of "Battle Shits." I can't believe this game take-off nationally?!

Dumb and Dumber. Poor Lloyd. He shouldn't have hit on Harry's woman. After his drink is spiked with laxative, he is all of a sudden hit with diarrhea in a very fancy home. Uh oh. Explosive.
White Chicks. As a dude pretending to be a woman, you have to be careful not to give yourself away. Well, when your bowels attack, like they did in this scene, Shawn Wayans tries to maintain his feminine disposition in order to stay undercover. Did he succeed?
Bridesmaids. After eating a meal at a questionable restaurant, the women seem to have come down with food poisoning at a very fancy bridal salon. With stuff coming out of both ends, they do what they gotta do to relieve themselves and hilarious mayhem erupts. I remember seeing this in the theater and literally crying because I was laughing so hard.  Funniest line: "It's coming out of me like lava."
American Pie. I remember the fear of having to poop at school. (As an adult, I still don't really like pooping at work, but sometimes its necessary.) I never wanted to do it, so if I had to go, I would often go home during lunch since I lived so close. Although I wasn't given the name "Shit Break," I was pretty open about why I was heading home. 
Honorable Mentions: Along Came Polly, Van Wilder

Lets get serious, poop can be funny. However, we have all been in situations like this, whether you will actually admit or not. And when its happening to you, it might not be so funny. I know this from experience. But sometimes when you gotta go so bad, you just have to find a bathroom. Any will do at that point, and you just let it go. And if you haven't been that person in the stall shitting, you probably have been the person next to them. If that's the case, you might feel inclined to be grossed out by this display, but since you may be in that position at some point, or have been before, just cover your nose, do your thang, and move along. It's not that big of a deal. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment