Monday, March 26, 2012

Random Dance Scene, Yes please!

I am not a fan of musicals at all. Shows or movies where people just automatically burst into song and dance really freak me out and are not entertaining at all. I will either walk away or turn them off immediately. Therefore, I usually avoid them. I prefer movies that have totally random song/dance scenes that are so unexpected, that they are that awesome.  They don't interrupt the flow of the movie, but because of their randomness, they increase the value that much more. Below are my top song/dance scenes from non-song/dance related movies.

1. Revenge of the Nerds. This is quite possibly one of my favorite movies ever. And quite possibly one of the best music sequences in a movie. It's no wonder the Lamda, Lambda, Lamda's won the contest with this one. And yes, I do sing along and know all the words.

2. Napoleon Dynamite. The first time I saw this movie, I became obsessed. Like WTF did I just watch and why did I love it so much? I couldn't figure out my fixation and wanting to watch it over and over again and quote it all the time. But I knew it was gold. And how could we forget brave Napoleon taking over for Pedro during his election run.
3. Slumdog Millionaire. This fantastic movie was up for all types for awards and merits. It was intense and serious and was definitely a winner. However, it was the last dance scene of the movie, after the happy ending that really sealed the deal of a really enjoyable film. Jai Ho!
4. She's All That. A classic teen flick I have mentioned before that is SO unrealistic yet very enjoyable. This scene is at the senior prom when everyone just happens to break out into a very choreographed dance that would never, ever happen. Never. Makes the movie that much more ridiculous. Yep.
5. Can't Buy Me Love. Another one of my favorite movies of all time (second to Troop Beverly Hills). And another high school dance scene. Ronald Miller has never really danced before and decides to consult with American Bandstand to get some moves before the big dance. Unfortunately, he was tuned to the African Cultural Hour and learned The African Anteater Ritual instead of a new hip dance. Lucky for him, all his followers went along with it.
 Sometimes a great unexpected dance scene really takes a movie to a new level, and in these cases, I must agree. They are all super entertaining and give the movie a little more pep in their step. I love all of them although would probably enjoy the movies just as much without them, their presence just ups the ante.

No comments:

Post a Comment