Friday, August 7, 2015

Hmmmm...

I just finished my third trip of the summer and just like the other ones (DC and Europe), this one was fantastic. I just got back from eight days at home in Chicago and as I usually am, was so pumped to go there and then was so sad when I left. I feel like each time I come to Chicago lately I have a better time than the last. I don't know why exactly, but I do. I see old my friends and new ones, eat my favorite foods, relax at home, and explore the city. I just love it. I don't know if this is a sign to move back home or what but this is definitely something that crossed my mind A LOT this trip home.

I was in the city a lot this trip, not even doing anything remotely social, but mostly just enjoying what the city has to offer. None of it was really new to me, but it just made me think how if I lived here I could do it all the time and be totally happy doing so. Chicago is known as one of the best cities around in the summer and it sucks me in every time I'm here. #summertimechi is the real deal, folks.

Now don't get me wrong, I am seriously in love with NYC and can't imagine not living here anymore, but it might be time to make a change. You know how some people outgrow the city? Or get sick of it and are so ready to get out of dodge? That's not me at all. I love living here and I've created a life for myself here, but I may be ready to make a big move, literally and figuratively. 

Most of you know I was miserable at work the last few months and I'm clearly not winning over any guys (and that situation seems to get bleaker and bleaker), so maybe I need a location change. Will I miss my NYC routine and fave places? OMG yes. Will I miss my friends? For sure. But I have to consider what's best for me and this may be it. There are so many things that Chicago has to offer that make me excited. Many of my NYC faves have actually made their way to there which makes a transition a little easier. Below are some of the things that I look forward to the most about being in Chi-town if this were to actually happen...

- My family (I'm super close with them and although we talk multiple times a day, I want to be around them more. Although zero prospects on the horizon, I can't imagine getting married and having kids away from them. And I hate to say it, even though they are active and healthy (knock on wood), my parents are getting older and I want to be with them more.)
- Lake Michigan
- The beach (I miss this so much!!)
- The Chicago skyline
- The lakefront running path (I had such a fantastic run along here and always do and can just see myself doing it all the time.)
- SoulCycle( I have to get my fix of this!)
- Lou Malnatis
- Portillos
- Closeness to Target and Costco (and having a car to get everything home easy)
- The Bean (Yes, I like being a tourist in my own town)
- Divvy Bikes
- LA Fitness (A nice big gym WITH A POOL!)
- Shred415 (Midwest's version of Barry's Boot Camp)
- Shake Shack
- Nordstrom
- Dairy Bar
- Easy access to pools
- Big grocery stores

There is obviously so much more this city has to offer, but these things make me happy when I am home. I don't know if saying this (writing all of this out) was right or wrong, but at the moment, it's what I'm feeling. I am dreading going back to work and know I have do. (Why can't I just be independently wealthy?) I know a lot can happen in a year (hey, a lot can happen in a month so one never knows), but right now I am definitely keeping this as an option which I haven't done in a long time; not in like eight years. It's definitely something to casually think about now and see where the year takes me. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment