Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Blogiversary Numero Cuatro!

Happy fourth anniversary to Someone Will Appreciate!!! Today this little blog of mine turned four and every time I have an anniversary for it, I am kind of shocked and excited. I know that not many people read my blog but I still really enjoy writing. It's a huge outlet for me. I obviously go through periods of writing a bunch and then not having anything really to discuss. I don't want to post just for the sake of posting, so when I do take the time to sit down and write (type), I feel like there is a reason behind it whether its to preserve a memory, act as a form of therapy, share information, or to just tell a funny story.

As I have done for my last three anniversaries, I wanted to pick out my favorite five blog posts from the last twelve months. This is always a hard task because there are quite a few posts that I really love and its hard to just pick five. And although I didn't write a ton this year, there were a few posts that really still enjoy reading over and over again and were important parts of my life this year, whether happy or sad. This year I had some fabulous new experiences, a bunch of awesome trips, two marathons (!!) and some old sad feelings creep up, but that's life. So lets take a trip down memory lane from last August to now...

1) #RayRaysEuroVacay2 was finally booked. I traveled a lot this summer. Like a lot, a lot. And it was fantastic. And I wish I could do it all the time. I went to Washington DC, Europe, Chicago, Boston, and then to Camp Oasis. Europe was obviously the trip I was most excited about. Since I first went two summers ago, I was aching to get back there and see more of what's out there. So when I finally booked my second European vacation, I literally could not wait for July to get here. I really find so much joy and happiness in traveling and wish that money and time were truly no object so I could explore the world. To be able to get out there and travel is something I certainly do not take for granted and want to keep doing. I've said this before, but I really need to make it a priority for myself because of the happiness it brings me and there is just so much more out there for me to see.

2) The end of my first season coaching basketball. I still can't read this post without tearing up. Basketball is my one of my great loves and a big part of my life. I miss playing competitively every single day. Ever since I became a teacher, I knew I wanted to coach. Sure, I wanted to coach boys basketball, but when the position for the girls became open, I coudn't say no. I tend to put a lot of pressure on myself (shocking, right?) and didn't know how this season would go. Although very stressful and disappointing at the very end, the season was absolutely unforgettable. Being able to share my love of basketball with my girls and teach them discipline, competitiveness, and a hard work ethic is something I really thrive at. I can't wait to see what happens this upcoming season and hope we can be as successful, if not more, than this past season.

3) Deciding to run two marathons within 3 weeks of each other. I ran two marathons this year. Three weeks apart. 26.2 miles was run in hometown of Chicago and then in my current city New York. I hadn't planned on running both of them but when the opportunity arose to run NYC, I couldn't not do it. The reason that I ended up taking on the challenge of running NYC three weeks later was because I wanted to raise money for IBD Kids. I knew it would be mentally and physically challenging but felt lucky to be healthy enough to be able to do so and for a good cause.

4) Winter run to Rockefeller Center. This year I have really stepped up my running game to more adventurous and scenic places when possible. I love looking for street art. And catching many sunrises. And going to major tourist places early in the morning and having them to myself. The last two combined is just pure amazingness. It starts my day off so well and leaves a perma-smile on my face. I love it and feel lucky to be able to do it.

5) I am a runner. Many of my blog post are about my runs or things I see or do on my runs. Running is obviously a huge part of my life and I make zero apologies about it. It is a priority in my life and something that I really do enjoy. It gives me clarity, happiness, strength, and sanity. Running has allowed me to see and do many things I wouldn't normally see from such a different angle and I am so appreciative of that.

Looking through all of these again brought back a ton of memories and smiles and some other realizations that issues that I had a few months back still haven't dissipated. It also makes me happy to see that this blog is still alive and kicking and that I still do really love writing. I really do wish more people read it so spread the love if you like it! And if you haven't already, go and like my page on Facebook where I post all my recent blog posts as well as other posts from the other blogs I read that I find entertaining, enlightening, relatable, and funny. It's solid stuff! Trust me. 

I would like to thank all of you reading right now for continuing to read this blog and support me along the way as I continue to write. As always, if you have any blog ideas for me to write about or want to guest post yourself, just let me know! I would love to have more guest posts from all my super smart and articulate friends. C'mon, give it a chance.

Anyway, Happy fourth birthday Someone Will Appreciate. My baby is growing up and hopefully over the course of the next full year, there will be much more to come! Stay tuned, spread the love, and thanks again. XOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment